Dumping Anyone?

shepkatt
on 11/1/11 7:03 am - Coronado, CA
At almost 8 years out I still dump on the evil sugars, fats and carbs..  but sometimes I just have to shake my head..   Ate (5) turkey meatballs today with a bit of shredded cheddar and a spoonful of unflavored Fage greek yogurt on top..  About 20 minutes later I was a droopy, drooly sleepy mess.. 

Seriously?!?  Argh.. :-)

Oh well.. I'll take these little bouts of weirdness anyday vs being back in a size 24..

Anyone else get surprised by some of the crap their pouch puts them through?
~lynnda

laura_vermont
on 11/1/11 7:07 am
I'm not as far out as you - but yes, I get surprised.  Not so much with sugar, I'm pretty good at judging that but with fats.  If I prepare stuff at home, no issues.  Out to eat, even if I think it's something safe, I can be surprised.  Fat dumping leaves me with terrible abdominal pain - not fun - so I wish I judged things better.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

shepkatt
on 11/1/11 7:14 am - Coronado, CA
Honestly - I think you are probably doing a great job of judging..  Sometimes things just don't sit right.  Refridgerator Roulette we call it.   One day the meatballs will be fine.. the next day -  not so much.. 

It's not just a journey - it's an adventure!  :-)
~lynnda

kc8wbz
on 11/1/11 8:22 am
At 2 1/2 years post op..  I am either very lucky that I have never experienced "dumping syndrome" or it's a result of the surgeon having not made my pouch small enough as several other Drs and surgeons have suggested.  Either way..  I am grateful to have never had to deal with it.  Sounds...  horrible.
shepkatt
on 11/1/11 10:23 pm - Coronado, CA
Wow..  good for you!   It isn't fun.. but it's not the end of the world.. It's a good reminder when I get ****y that I am still a surgically altered freak.. :-)
~lynnda

emt_amy
on 11/1/11 8:36 am - MN
Know the feeling exactly..... I just got done having my supper come back up. I thought I was safe with chicken cooked with cream of mushroom soup in the slow cooker. Apparently not.

shepkatt
on 11/1/11 10:35 pm - Coronado, CA
And the really weird thing  is that your choice of dinner might be fine next time..  and then next time NOT..  It's totally refridgerator roulette.
~lynnda

Ladytazz
on 11/1/11 9:19 am
What I am surprised at is I haven't dumped in a few weeks.  I started adding more complex carbs and healthy fats in order to gain some weight and I was dumping every day.  The other day I realized that I hadn't dumped in a while.  Maybe my body got used to the extras?  It wasn't really bad dumping, not like I have had it, I would just get very hot and sweating and feel bad and sick for about 1/2 hour but now that hasn't happened for a bit.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

shepkatt
on 11/1/11 10:26 pm - Coronado, CA
Ladytazz.. I think you're right.. I think that our bodies to adjust at some point.  Were you able to gain the weight you needed to?
~lynnda

Ladytazz
on 11/2/11 2:22 am
I'm still working on it.  Who would have thought I would have that problem?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 283 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 280 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?