back to work

sniffles722002
on 11/1/11 3:07 pm - Puyallup, WA
Well, today was my first day back to work after my surgery.  I waited 4 weeks, because I work retail and am on my feet for 10 hours a day....and since I work in electronics, lifting tv's would have been out of the question with a 5 pound lifting restriction.
I just have to say, I am pooped!  Worn out I say!  And I am sore.
Did anyone else have trouble going back to work, and if so, how long did it seem to last?

Just curious.
poet_kelly
on 11/1/11 3:50 pm - OH
I ended up taking almost three months off.  I work from home, sitting on my couch with my laptop most of the time, and I actually had only planned to take one week off.  I mean, even if I don't feel great, I can sit up and type, right?  Well, I had a lot of nausea the first few weeks, had to go to the ER twice for IV fluids, and then developed a very bad case of pneumonia.  I was in the hospital for three weeks with that.  And when I was discharged I was really weak and tired and it took a good month until I was anywhere close to normal again.  So I ended up being off a long time.

I'm sure you are worn out the first day back.  Is there any way you could work shorter than ten hour days for a week or so?  Kind of ease back into things?  Make sure you're getting your fluids and protein, don't let those things slip by while you're working.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sniffles722002
on 11/1/11 11:37 pm - Puyallup, WA
Oh, I wish I could, but no.  I am a manager, and we are having our grand re-opening this week after a 6 month long remodel.  So, pretty sure it wouldn't be a good idea.  Get through this little bit of havoc and then......HOLIDAY havoc.  UGH.....I suppose if things don't get better within a week or so, I could see the doc about it. 
Thanks.
xopammi
on 11/2/11 1:04 am - VA
Wow you sound like you work for the same company i do.  I am also a retail manager work 6 days a week 8 hours is a short day, 10 is typical and the long days are 14. I took 6 weeks off
and have to go back this Monday and I am dreading it.  My surgeon told me to expect to feel exhausted and to tell my family that it will be normal for me to come home the first couple of weeks and go straight to bed. I definitely feel for you because I know this holiday season is going to kick our butts!!!!!  Good luck I am right in the trenches with you.

Pam
Heather C.
on 11/2/11 5:51 am - Hubert, NC
I work in a retail also but have employees to do the lifting but I went back to work after 2wks.  And yes it was tuff but I am taking each day as a new day.  My husband is deployed so I am doing this all on my own with 2 kids so yes I am pooped and you kinda gotta expect it.  Your body just under went a major surgery and change so do like I do go to work and go home and do nothing else but put your feet up.  Everyone keeps telling me in time I will have more energy.  Hang in there and relax some- I know it is harder to do then say.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 294 views