SNACKING TOO MUCH!!!

Cella123
on 11/1/11 12:16 pm - IL

I AM 6 1/2 MOUTHS OUT AND I AM FINDING IT EASIER TO EAT. I AM ALSO FINDING THAT I AM EATING TO MUCH BETWEEN MEALS. I AM SO SCARED THAT I AM GOING TO MESS THIS UP. HOW DO I CONTROL MY URGE TO EAT, HELP!!!!!

Ladytazz
on 11/1/11 1:45 pm
A couple of things help me.  First, how much are you drinking a day?  I get in about a gallon most days and I find it is hard to eat a lot when you are drinking a lot.  It keeps me full and away from eating.
Also, maybe it's not that you are eating between meals as much as what you are eating.  Are you making protein choices or carb choices?  Carbs have nothing to add nutritionally and will cause you to crave more carbs, especially refined carbs like sugar, bread, crackers, candy and things like that.  It is very easy to eat a lot of those.  If you find that you really are hungry maybe you can grab a cheese stick or a protein shake or protein coffee.  Protein seems to help me keep from being too hungry.
Are you tracking your food.  It helps me if I plan out what I am going to eat that day.  I make sure there is enough in there to keep me satisfied.  You can always skip something if you aren't hungry but allowing it in there will help you from feeling too deprived if you do need something to carry you over between meals.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

allvalerie
on 11/1/11 3:55 pm - Seward, AK
I have the same problem- I plan what I will eat for the whole day the day before which helps. I also try not to let myself eat until its time to eat. So planing and a schedule will help.

Valerie
Michelle E.
on 11/1/11 7:30 pm
You have to figure our are you really hungry? Or bored, or stressed, sad, happy etc.. If its due to boredom then exercise, find a hobby, etc.. if its true hunger then try adding a protein pudding or protein shake or piece of low fat cheese to your food plan.. I eat 4-5 small meals a day.. I know my dr says only 3 meals but lets get real.. I need at least 4 meals a day.. I start eating as soon as I wake up until 8pm.. I dont feel as slow or tired when I give my body the energy it needs throughout the day.. Most people dont eat as late at 8pm but I dont feel hungry going to bed which makes it harder to go to sleep, and dont wake up starving.. Sometimes I add a little benefiber to my crystal light which helps me stay full longer too..

Michell
Cella123
on 11/2/11 10:59 am - IL
Thanks everyone!!! I will follow eveyones advise....

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 463 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views