Little over 2wks Post-op

cdwilliams
on 11/3/11 9:28 am - Huber Heights, OH
A little over 2 wks post op and doing great.  Lost 20 lbs since day of surgery, Getting ready to move on to puree'd food tomorrow, also having trouble getting 60 oz of H2O in each day.  Figured out I really don't like water, no taste and most of the additives are way too sweet.   BUT,  doing great.  Any suggestions on purree'd protien?  Vegies are no problem but protiens just don't sound good pureed.  Maybe babyfood? 

Chris

D-J
on 11/3/11 9:30 am
i used alot of unflavored protien in this stage,,added it to everything damn near,,LOL
Windim
on 11/3/11 9:31 am - Fountain City, WI
Blah! I definately wouldnt do babyfood because of the taste. I am pretty new and dont have alot of suggestions for pureed food but I have been drinking lots of tea and decaf coffee and I mix my decaf with ready to drink protein shakes. YUMMY!

Donna D.
on 11/3/11 9:38 am - Cockeysville, MD
Hey Chris I don't have that much experience with the pureed food either, but I was going to buy unflavored protien and just add it to everything so I can be sure to get in the Protien requirements. Congrats on your surgery it sounds like you are doing great!!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

cdwilliams
on 11/3/11 12:09 pm - Huber Heights, OH
I've tried the Unjury unflavored protien the only problem with it is over 140 degrees it changes texture.  Their chicken soup protien powder is excellent as well.  Love the chocolate royale. 

Chris

Mandy R.
on 11/3/11 10:31 am - Callahan, FL
I know that a lot of people have  suggested refried bean and add unflavored protein powder to everything.  I agree pureed meats sound gross LOL  Glad to hear that you are doing good.  Congrats on the 20 lb wt loss :)

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

Raynae S.
on 11/3/11 11:10 am - PA
I ate alot of Greek yogurt, apple sauce, and sugar free pudding. Also I would get Wendy's Chili and pureed it. It was so good Also refried beans with cheese on top and ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce on top. Hopefully that helps a little. Keep up the good work. Great job loosing the 20 lbs!!!

lilbear412
on 11/3/11 11:16 am - MN
 congrats on your loss..
i was told i could eat anything protein as long as it was pureed.  So i did..but meats need to have some liquid in order for them to puree up right.  so i made chix in ff cream of chix soup/ff sour cream or greek yogurt in crock pots and then used that gravy in the chix to puree it.  You can also grill some chix and put some italian dressing in it to puree it.  Or some gravy... any protein with some liquid..you can do chix with greek yogurt and spice it up.  You will start using your imagination soon when your bored eating refried beans and scrambled eggs...lol  i never ate babyfood...ucckkkk but you could probably use some of it to puree your protein in...like maybe some baby carrots mixed with chix...etc..
good luck...

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

YankeeRose
on 11/3/11 11:24 am - Meadville, PA
Well I was lucky I got to skip the pureed stage. My surgeon said "soft" foods were very similar to pureed foods so I went straight from liquids to soft foods. He said as long as you can cut it with your fork it is considered soft and to chew the food to applesauce consistency. I did go slow and did not jump right into meats or anything like that. I ate refried beans with melted cheese on top (Taco Bell pintos n cheese were a lifesaver), Wendy's chili, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein pudding, string cheese, canned vegetables (carrots and grean beans), no sugar added applesauce, cream of wheat, oatmeal, grits and ricotta cheese with spag sauce and melted mozzarella cheese on top (baked in the oven), crab legs, tilapia, scallops and mashed potatoes. You can add unflavored protein powder in a lot of stuff. Good luck, this stage will go fast. I know I was just so happy to be able to eat anything since I had been on liquids for one month at that point.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

dori M.
on 11/3/11 12:55 pm - MD
I'm loving your menu YankeeRose. I'm on the last 2 day of full liquid stage and it's KILLING me. My taste buds are bored beyond belief. Today I've actually been protesting by not eating (i know that's bad). Eating soup for breakfast, lunch, & dinner sucks. I am anxiously awaiting purees. I had my menu all lined up till I read yours lol now I have to make some adjustments.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 130 views
Recent Topics