bubble on incision

sniffles722002
on 11/4/11 2:21 pm - Puyallup, WA
so, before taking a bath tonight, I notice I have a reddish bubble on one of my incision sites.  I took my bath, and the heat opened it up, it released a mostly reddish liquid.  I am guessing it's an abcess.  I'm not sure if I should call the doc tomorrow, or if I should jus****ch it since they probably aren't in the office till monday.   Anyone have any suggestions?

I am about 5 weeks out from surgery.

Thanks.
gamefisher
on 11/4/11 2:52 pm - south bound brook, NJ
I WOULD CALL THE DR FIRST THING IN THE MORNING IS IT RED AND TENDER TO THE TOUCH ? the LIQUID THAT IS OOZING OUT DOES IT HAVE A FOUL ODER TO IT ? IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU COULD HAVE A INFECTION IN YOU'RE INCISION. WHEN YOU SAY YOU HAVE A BUBBLE ON THE INCISION WAS THAT BUBBLE THERE FROM THE START ? IF IT WAS YOU COULD ALSO HAVE A SLIGHT HERNIA THEIR THE ONLY REASON WHY I ASK IS BECAUSE ALL YOU;RE SYSTEMS HAPPEN TO ME THE DR PUT ME ON ANTIBIOTICS FOR A WEEK AND THEN HE PACKED MY INCISION AND LET IT HEAL FROM THE INSIDE OUT.JUST PLAY I SAFE AND CALL THE DR.
Mountain Mama
on 11/4/11 4:38 pm - Evansville, IN
Definitely call the doctor.  I had the same thing after my gall bladder surgery and ended up developing sepsis and almost died.  Don't put it off -- call NOW

Pre-Op  3 mos. post op  5 mos. post op  At Goal  Surgery Date - 12/10/2009  Goal Met -8/26/2010

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 261 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics