stabbing pain in middle upper stomach ouch!

robinfrommilw
on 11/3/11 10:24 pm - WI
was almost heading out to the gym very early but I woke up at 330 running to the bathroom I even took some immodian AD as well. I start to feel better so I ate my usual breakfast raisin bran, strawberries, banana with skim milk not even 30 min later I was screaming and crying felt like someone was stabbing me in my upper stomach. This last like 45 min to an hour. I try gas x, pillow against my sto...mach, lay down, etc. Now the stabbing pain went away but I am nauseated now. I am afraid to go to the gym or drive if I get this attack again. usually when I get these attacks they come and go and last only 2 to 5 min. I was crying so hard and screaming that i woke up my son he came running are you ok mom. He try several times to wake him up. He wouldn't leave my side to eat his breakfast or take his shower.Until I was feeling better when the stabbing pain was gone. Never want to experience that again. May need to call Dr Chua (surgeon) today to see what he says or he may have me call Dr Affi the gasterologist at Aurora sinai. I am due for another procedure on Nov 14th so maybe he scopes me again he might see something. I have no gallbladder so it can't be that. I had a hernia year and hal*****hat was fix wonder if came back? Hate not being able to go to the gym. Tomorrow won't be able to go MATC has open house from 830 to 1130 so going there with my son. He got invitation in the mail. Why me :( Tired of not able to work off my stress! Last week spent the whole week up at the hospital my husband had his 3rd back surgery came home friday he was in there for 5 days so alot stress on me got to take him this morning to get his staples removed wow he got 42 staples. I been cleaning it daily and puttting on new bandages as well..I feel like I am a nurse now too.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

BugdocMom
on 11/4/11 9:36 am - CA
Robin, I am so sorry you are having pain like that! It sounds scary. Definitely contact your doctor and have it looked at. If it is just esophogeal spasms, they can at least give you a prescription for a numbing ****tail that will help with the pain until it passes. Good luc****ep us up to date with what you find out about it.
robinfrommilw
on 11/4/11 9:56 am - WI

I did and was sent to the hospital for a state ct scan with contrast had to drink a huge bottle of stuff plus an iv of it. also did blood work my enzymes that I had issues last time I had hernia which this time was normal only abnormal blood work was the liver was elevated which they said was unusual that if liver is up other labs would of been too. And when I had my liver test in July it was fine. The ct scan came back normal so they let me go after they talk to my surgeon assistant. We talk for awhile on my cell phone and if isn't better they may need to do more test she said it could be that something is block after they took out my gallbladder last year. Not sure what that organ would be but said they would need to take a look with ultrasound or be scope by the liver. I told her I was taking percocet for the pain but didn't help much she told me to try advil which I thought we are to avoid that. But she said it can be taken but not for a very long time. I am worried it would irriate my acid reflux as well. I ate soft foods for diner so far no attack.

Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

BugdocMom
on 11/4/11 10:59 am - CA
Glad they are looking into things for you. I hope they figure it out soon so you can have some relief.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Forum Search Error & 404