What is wrong with me! Grr

hstull1013
on 11/4/11 9:38 am - AZ
I feel I have been slacking this week. Last week I finally felt good going back to work and getting back into a routine. I was on top of packing my meals for lunch and writing down all my food intake. I am still struggling getting enough calories but my protein is increasing and have been getting my water for the most part. I am currently working on my Masters degree but I took time off before I had my surgery, It has been two months since I have been in class. Well this week I started back up and between work and my class load, I have not gone to the gym once or even really walked. Every day after work I rush home to sit and do 4 hours of homework then go to sleep to wake back up and do it again. I am not writing down my food intake and I have forgotten to bring my lunch a few days so I am forced to just drink a protein shake instead (I have powder at work).I even went an entire day without taking my vitamins because I got side tracked. I also have not been listening to my body. Sorry for the TMI but I became really backed and spent two hours in the bathroom last night in agony. Thank god for milk of magnesia or else I don't think I would have made it into work today.

I am just sad and disappointed in myself. I havent lost weight in over a week. I know it is normal to stall but I know that me not getting in any excercing is not helping matters. I know what I need to do and just need to do it. It has just been super hard adjusting my schedule to my new life style.

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
poet_kelly
on 11/4/11 9:50 am - OH
I don't think there is really anything wrong with you.  You're discovering that you are human, that like all of us, you lose focus sometimes and you forget things or you take the easy road and let some things slide.  Don't be sad and disappointed to find out you're normal.  But now that you've identified things you  need to work on, make a plan to make it better.

For lunches, what if you packed all your lunches for the whole week on Sunday?  Or at least portioned out the food into ziploc baggies so all you need to do to pack a lunch is put the appropriate baggies into your lunch box?

On days you have class, can you work out at school instead of needing to go to the gym?  Either walk around campus or use the gym at school or something?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

D-J
on 11/4/11 11:39 am
please don't beat yourself up it will only lead to negative thinking and you deserve better for yourself,,you are moving around alot more then i am i bet as i have chronic arthritis and am not very mobile i say this to say that even though i have not been very mobile i am still losing the weight,,,as you can see your body will make you pay attention, you will get the hang of it ,you just need to re-focus, and look, your already on top of it by posting about it so give yourself some credit,pat yourself on the back and move forward.
Laura in Texas
on 11/4/11 12:00 pm
Honestly, I did absolutely no exercise until month 7. Didn't feel like it so I didn't. And I still got to goal and have been maintaining my weight loss for 2 years now. Try to relax. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mimi419
on 11/5/11 8:07 am - Ypsilanti, MI
Our surgery dates were on the same day... And let me tell you, I feel the same thing... I went back to work last week...and its a lot more challenging than me just being home preparing for the day. I haven't lost at all this week either.  I can completely understand about being backed up... Today was my day... and I have to find a fix... Cause I cannot do that again...

Hang in here! 
ativar
on 11/5/11 10:00 am
 Oh god I sooo feel this way as well. I have been doing the exact same things, and worse, I think i have stretched my pouch with my binging. Im sooo disappointed in myself. I need to get back on course and dont know how, especially if I stretched my pouch. Everyone will be so disappointed in me, and worse yet, people who have seen me lose weight so far, if I put it back on they will laugh and say surgery couldnt even help me.  I need a miracle.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics