Recipe - Baked Egg Cups

Magan M.
on 11/6/11 10:51 pm
This isn't my recipe so I've included the original link.  I love these!  They satisfy my craving for a Breakfast Jack at Jack in the Box and are sooooooo good.  

Baked Egg Cups

12 Eggs
12 Thin slices of deli ham (round)
1/2 Cup of cheese
1/2 Cup of scallions
Salt 
Pepper

Preheat oven to 400.  Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.  Lay a piece of hame in each hole creating a little ham cup.  Crack one egg into each hole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake the eggs for about 12  minutes, until the white is firm and yolk is nice and runny (I baked mine for 12 minutes and my yolk was more like that of a soft boiled egg so you may want to adjust your cooking time).  Top with cheese and scallions and serve.

http://thesimpledelights.com/?p=246

I can't eat scrambled eggs because they sit in my pouch like a rock.  I was afraid of how they would re-heat, but they were just fine.  I nuked them for 15 seconds, then cut them up into quarters then nuked for another 15 seconds.  Easy breakfast done.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 1:18 am
These look and sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)
Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/7/11 1:43 am - Baltimore, MD
For anyone interested, a year and some change ago I did a demo video on how to do these on Bariatric Foodie:

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2009/08/on-breakfast-foo d-that-looks-like.html

Folks really got into it so the pictures are reader pictures, I believe.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

EnviousOfAngels
on 11/7/11 6:01 pm
Okay I know Im going to get teased but I bought one of those babycake cupcake makers and you can do baked eggs and all sorts of other fun stuff in them. Like sausage bites (literally 2 small bites)
Amber L.
on 11/7/11 6:14 pm - Sweden
I did something kind of similar with quail eggs. You can vary the amount depending on how many you want to make.

Small eggs, or quail eggs
Tomatoes
Italian seasoning, like basil or whatever you like (I use fresh basil and oregano)
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Spray a muffin pan with Pam. In each cup, put in a slice of tomato, peeled if you can't handle the skin. Break an egg over the tomato and add salt and pepper to taste. Place another tomato slice over the egg. Sprinkle on a little seasoning and top with about a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

It honestly tastes like you are having an Italian delicacy. They are light and heavenly.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 283 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 280 views