Had my three week follow up today...

dsermons
on 11/7/11 3:43 am - Austell, GA
Hello everyone,
 I had my 3 week post op follow up today. I have lost 42 lbs in 3.5 weeks. Just wondering if this is average? normal etc. 

I was told I needed to eat more protein I am still doing soups, a lots of water, trying to eat some basic fish, shrimp and chicken, soft pasta but not a lot of stuff.

How was the first  post opt visit  for you guys?

lilbear412
on 11/7/11 3:49 am - MN
 thats pretty awesome...a lot of weight for less than a month..i am guessing your ahead of the curve..lol  

Go to bariatricchoice.com and on the left side of the page there is a place where you can order a free sample pack of vitamins and protein powders.  Also, any of the nutrition stores and walmart have protein powders but don't buy a big jug until your sure you are ok with it and like it.  I got some strawberry sorbet and vanilla unjury protein powder and make shakes with it.  Go to bariatricfoodie.com and theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for protein shake recipes.  At 4 weeks out its still kind of tough to get your protein from food.  

good luck!!

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

dsermons
on 11/7/11 7:27 am - Austell, GA
Thanks so much for your support will check out the sites.   How much sugar do you stay under? how many Carbs?

Monique A.
on 11/7/11 4:01 am
You are doing amazing. I had only lost eight pounds by my three week follow up, but I am likely to have slower weight loss as I only weighed 219 on surgery day.
My surgeon had put me on regular foods and advised me to up my protein intake as well. I am now two months out and I eat mostly normal foods but aim for low fat, low sugar. I don't seem to dump on foods but from what I have learned, that may change.
One thing I would recommend is that when you are ready for normal foods, be careful to chew your foods into liquid. I have made the mistake of eating too fast and not chewing properly and I was in absolute agony for hours.

dsermons
on 11/7/11 7:29 am - Austell, GA
Thanks so much.  How many grams of sugare do you max out at? how many grams  of carbs?

jaynak
on 11/7/11 4:45 am - Canada
Congrats!!!  That's an amazing amount of weight to loose in 3 weeks!!!  I'm at 3 weeks today and seem to be stuck at 12 lbs for now.

dsermons
on 11/7/11 7:31 am - Austell, GA
Thanks so much. Keep your head up the loss will come.

poet_kelly
on 11/7/11 5:40 am - OH
No, I don't think that is average weight loss.  It's a lot more than average, I think.

Are you doing protein shakes at all?  I think it would be really hard to get enough protein this early without shakes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dsermons
on 11/7/11 7:33 am - Austell, GA
I have done a few but its been hard. I need to get more protein in. I bought some bars today, but not sure about teh sugar or carbs level I should take in

Don 1962
on 11/7/11 7:17 am
Men have the advantage over women in the weight loss department.  We lose much quicker than they do.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 239 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views