Wow!!! 2 months before my 1 year and I have a moment

Fatback2
on 11/12/11 1:48 pm
This is funny, I took my kids out to eat chinese today.  We all got a lunch special for $5.  I got my favorite shrimp fried rice.  10 months out and I could only eat four forks full.  I ended up taking a to go bag from a lunch special. My eyes are truely bigger than my stomach.  I am now 85lbs down with two months to go.  It was nice to attemp to be a regular person.  P.S.  my kids finished their plates.
dori M.
on 11/12/11 1:53 pm - MD
I'm only 3wks post op my 3yr old twins eat more than I do, that's pretty funny now that I think about it.
virvin
on 11/12/11 1:54 pm - CO
Way to go!  Every triumph like that needs to be celebrated.  Keep up the good work.  I know I can make up to 4 meals with leftovers from eating at a restuarant. 

PS:  Hope you made the kids eat their veggies too! 

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Ladytazz
on 11/12/11 3:04 pm
I realized that my stomach was getting bigger tonight because my leftovers from eating out the other day were only good for 3 meals now instead of the 4 I used to get out of them.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

inspirationseeker
on 11/12/11 1:56 pm - CA
RNY on 02/02/12
 Hi, four forkfulls thats awesome.  Ive just had a consultation with the surgeon and should be able to have the surgury soon.  My biggest fear is that I am going to be hungry and feeling unsatisfied. after your four forkfulls are you full and really not wanting anymore?
Fatback2
on 11/12/11 2:17 pm
I was so full.  Hey with this surgery sometimes you feel full and sometimes you don't.  You will get use to your new stomach.  It also depends on what you eat.  Rice, pasta, bread all have that same affect.  That why you are not suppose to eat them.  I just cheat sometime when I want to feel normal.  Eat protein and vegetables.
virvin
on 11/12/11 2:32 pm - CO
I had that same fear prior to my surgery.  Every body is different on how it will change with the surgery. In my case, I have to set a reminder on my cell phone when I'm working at home.  I truly forget to eat.  I have a wonderful support system of family and friends...so they are really good at helping me with that reminder.  Right now I can have about 1/2 cup of soup and then some protein (usually an Isopure if I'm traveling) and feel VERY full. 

A few notes:
1.  Come here often (even prior to your surgery) and read the success posts and learn from the setback posts.  It really does help.  Also, making your own posts could potentially help someone through a tough time or help someone decide if this is someting for them.
2.  Keep a food journal for a while.  If you have any sensitivities, you can at least go back and see if you can find a common denominator.
3.  Start training yourself on some new habits that will come from the surgery.  If you drink caffeine, try to wean yourself off of it prior to the surgery.  Caffeine makes it harder for your body to absorb the nutrients you get from your food.  Another habit to start to wean off of is sugar.  Now it's not the sugar that's in apples that is the issue; it is the processed sugars that are present in cookies, cakes, and candy that are the problem.  Start looking for and trying substitutes.  Watch out for Sugar Alcohol content.
4.  Start building up your support group.  It can be family, friends, this site, another site and maybe even your doctor's office can recommend a local support group for people having the RNY surgery.

This is a big journey you are about to embark on; prepare yourself well and you will achieve your goals. It is a lot of hard work...but I feel it is SOOOO worth it.  I would do it again in a heartbeat!

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Ladytazz
on 11/12/11 3:06 pm
I am almost 16 months out and I still can't believe how little food it takes to satisfy me.  Every time I have a meal I always look at the food and think "That will never be enough". and it always is.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Renee2be
on 11/12/11 6:44 pm - NC
I'm 2 months out and 4 - 6 bites is it, and no i do not get hungry nor do i "dwell" on food anymore.  Its kinda surreal.  at work,  we do a lot of work lunches.........when ever asked,  i'm like ya'll better pick cause i can only have 4 bites and i'm gonna be done anyway.  I eat a lot of soups, grilled items and veggie sides at these lunches.  I rarely buy a full plate unless another WLS patient is along then we may split something.

lilredcrvtt
on 11/12/11 9:34 pm
just be careful with chinese rice it is really high in fat and calories.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 329 views