Happy 1/2iversary to the 6monthers! How are you doing?

Sasrah1972
on 11/15/11 9:46 am - NY
Hi everyone! I cannot believe that it has been almost 6 months since my surgery!! My date was Tuesday, 5/17 so I'm starting my celebration today.

How is everyone feeling? How's everyone doing?

I've been struggling quite a bit...with exercise (like not doing it), being consistent about when I take my vitamins (I do it at all different times of day), and eating Halloween candy (yes, I did). I don't dump, but I really can't eat a lot of carbs as they make me nauseous. I am doing well with getting in my protein, and I could be better about my liquids but I do drink 60-70oz a day. My hair loss, which got bad about 2 months ago, has mostly subsided.

I feel great--am down 80 lbs and am still 80lbs from my goal (surgery weight was 314, I am now 233). I joined a gym and started working out, and I loved it, but once the school year got underway (I am a teacher) i haven't made time and I know I'm not capitalizing on my low calorie intake because I'm not getting any exercise. Luckily I walk a ton (live in a walking city) and that helps. I do play with my son very actively and of course, I run for the bus...

Would love to hear your stories...
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

LilnAK
on 11/15/11 1:31 pm
Hello! Congratulations on your progress!

I hit my 6 month surgiversary on Saturday the 12th. My story sounds like a duplicate of yours. I also have been struggling with exercise. I come home from work and have been so tired I fall asleep on the couch around 9 most nights (sometimes as early as 8 pm). I'm good at taking my vitamins on time Mon - Fri but the weekends find me being very inconsistent with everything - vitamins, meals, water. I haven't dumped much which I think is a blessing sometimes but because I haven't really dumped, I find myself eating things I shouldn't. Then my strict self has to kick in and just say NO! I find that some carbs make me nauseous but I am still trying very hard to limit my carbs since I know they are trigger foods for me. My hair started falling out in August and got really bad during September and the 1st half of October. I've noticed it isn't so bad any more (knock on wood).

I too am down 80 pounds but I only have about 30 pounds to go to reach my goal of 130 pounds. It's not a hard and fast number but I need something to strive for. I mean, it won't be the end of the world if I don't reach it. I have had many people tell me I don't need to lose another 30. I feel good so if I don't reach it, it's OK. I had some issues with constipation but I've found a system that is working for me so that's gotten better.

I plan to spend the next month really working at exercising. I know I need to kick it in gear and just do it. This is only a tool and I need to meet it halfway, so to speak.

Good luck with your journey!

Lillian
 Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly - Anonymous    
Momx4kids
on 11/15/11 5:36 pm, edited 11/15/11 5:38 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Hey :)

My date was 5/16

I am feeling fantastic! I started at 260 lbs and am so far down to 173 lbs, so a loss of 87 lbs! I have about 33 lbs left to go. My doc chose 150 lbs as a goal, but I really want to get to 140 lbs. , started in a size 24 pants, 3X shirt.
I have always struggled with vitamins, can't remember to take them. I have not had any problems so far, I don't seem to have much issue getting in the protein (about 60 - 80g a day). I probably drink more tea then water, but am trying to change that. I still don't have hunger feeling, and sometimes find eating a chore. I think I don't have enough variety, I tend to stick with what works and haven't had much time to try new ideas. I am trying to stay away from carbs.
I am working out but could always do more, if I did my weight loss wold prob. be faster. Sooo much saggy skin! yuck! So far I can honestly say this has been the best decision I have ever made!
Rhonda
Congrats to you guys, we have all done so well!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views