EGD

jennifer M.
on 11/16/11 9:39 pm - WV
Well I had my EGD yesterday and my I had a stricture.  The opening to my pouch was only 0.5cm big and the Dr. dilated it to 16.5cm.  I hope this takes care of my eating and drinking problems.

bubbylucy
on 11/16/11 9:56 pm - Raleigh, NC
I am glad they were able to fix it. Just to clear the measurement up for those scared by the number, it is actually mm not cm. I had a total of five dilations to get to 15mm so I totally understand. I wish you all the best but don't be frustrated if they have to stretch it again, scar tissue is stubborn.

Audra

steve D.
on 11/16/11 9:59 pm - West Fargo, ND
Do you mean 16.5 Milimeters?

Steve

jennifer M.
on 11/16/11 11:16 pm - WV
The Dr. dictated cm not mm.  At least that is what my copy of the dictation says.
steve D.
on 11/17/11 12:53 am - West Fargo, ND
I think he made a mistake.  16.5 centimeters would be a little over 6 inches.  But in milimeters it would be a little over a half an inch. 

We know what you mean though and I am glad you are feeling better.

Steve

tulips52
on 11/17/11 3:59 am
 If you wouldnt mind would you tell what your symptoms were and how long they took to develop? Thanks!

jennifer M.
on 11/18/11 12:53 am - WV
I was nauseated all the time, even water made me so sick. I was unable to swallow my medications and all I was able to eat was soup. I became so dehydrated!  This all started 2 wks post-op.  If you think you migh have a stricture call you Dr. ASAP.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics