hair loss

horkeler1
on 11/17/11 11:18 pm - Windsor, CO
ok I know this has been brought up a million time but I had gny oct of 2010 and my hair started coming out feb and it hasnt stopped...I get aroung 60g of protein and I never miss my vitamins w biotion.Im frustrated because my hair looks like crap,ive cut it, colored it.and im just dont know what else to do,I already had fine hair so it didnt take much,Maybe its just me that notices,nobody has said anything.but who would "oh my gosh look at your hair your almost bald"thats not gonna happen so it sucks to be such a new person and still be down because your hair looks like crap.I thought of a perm but im afraid it will just make the matter worse but I need volume.I have stick straight,fine,volumizer suck.I dont know,the end
DisneyLover
on 11/17/11 11:52 pm - WI
do NOT get a perm.  more chemicals won't help the falling out.
I too have fine, straight hair.  I had my surgery 12/30/2010.  Mine started to thin around 5 months out and has finally started to slow a bit, but it is still thinning.
I was shampooing with the Bosley hair system.  It is recommended for chemo patients for hair regrowth.  While it didn't stop my hair from falling out it did help with new growth.
My sister got it from a beauty supply place.

Sarah

poet_kelly
on 11/17/11 11:58 pm - OH
It's still coming out?  Are you getting enough protein?  What does your doc say?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cabin_Fever
on 11/18/11 1:57 am
You need at least 80 grams of protein a day, because the body needs 60 grams of protein, on average,  So, if you only consume 60 grams, the rest of your body keeps that protein from your hair and nails.  Hair perms and colors only damage the hair and weaken it even more than it already is.  One of the WLS patients had suggested massaging the scalp on a daily basis - gently - to get the blood flow more active around the hair follicles........Other than that, it's all about our genes and chemical makeup.  Embrace the new wonderful you, and let people see the "you", not just your hair.  Wishing you much happiness. 

"We either make ourselves miserable or we
make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same...."    - Don Juan Matus

horkeler1
on 11/18/11 2:38 am - Windsor, CO
I know everyones right but some people on her eat 90-100g of protein a day and their hair still comes out...I will up my protein and see what happens...thanks for all the replies
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics