damage to ourselves

immafatgirl
on 11/20/11 9:06 am - KY
can trying the wrong foods. or just eatin a lil to much cause us to damage our pouches. ive been trying bites of varieties of stuff and i just had surgery in sept . but i was told to just try things. so the pit of my stomache has been hurting . can a person go back to protein shakes and heal this mess ive made?
poet_kelly
on 11/20/11 10:16 am - OH
Eating just a little too much should not damage your pouch.  Eating much too much over time can stretch your pouch.  I'm not sure what you mean by "the wrong foods."

What damage do you think you've done that needs healed?   Whether or not protein shakes would heal it or something else would heal it or even if it can be healed would depend on what the problem was, I assume.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cabin_Fever
on 11/20/11 10:45 am
Either go back to protein shakes for awhile, if you don't yet feel ready, or stay with pureed foods that are very smooth.  Small sips of it.  Then wait for a few minutes between each bite.

If you have a concern or pain that continues, you need to contact your doctor's office.  That is what they are there for, to respond to questions and concerns.

Hey - Good luck to you, and hope you work it out.

"We either make ourselves miserable or we
make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same...."    - Don Juan Matus

Dave Chambers
on 11/20/11 11:56 am - Mira Loma, CA
Most surgeons have a protocol with a progression of certain type of foods. Trying to eat pork or beef this early will likely make most pouches upset.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

immafatgirl
on 11/23/11 2:15 am - KY
i have tried to eat nuts, i have tried to eat fruit, pork rinds. just for sxample. just bites. but since i have been trying the variety of stuff. just a bite here and a bite there. my stomache has been acting up. but i was told i could eat whatever i wanted. and to just chew very well. thats what i do but i just noticed that it may not be a great idea. i feel like ive made my pouch mad about something and its not letting me shake it off very well.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views