Loose skin/shapewear advice

sherri7794
on 11/22/11 12:55 am
Hello all!  I am very happy with my weight loss.  I feel so much better, but now I have a new challenge- Loose skin!  My belly is the worst.  Between now and a tummy tuck I would love to get some advice on good shapewear.  The local department store stuff helps some but I am hoping for something a little better (stronger). 

Liz M.
on 11/22/11 12:58 am - NJ
this website has nice stuff goggle fajas colombiana

paranoidmother21
on 11/22/11 1:18 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I went to WalMart and got the long shaper tanks: they came down to just above the groin crease, and while the middle was firm enough to hold me in well, the neck area was soft enough to pull down and anchor under my bra band so the girls weren't squashed too. The tag called them "Work It," and they were listed as firm shaping.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

needing_a_change
on 11/22/11 1:21 am - VA
A good friend of mine had RNY and has lost over 350 lbs in 3 yrs. He uses Body Armor brand and it works to keep the lose skin under control, and his tummy area is the worse for him as well.
Cherylkas
on 11/22/11 1:28 am - PA
 I too have the work it fro walmart and I love it. I have also heard fantastic things about slimpressions. you can get those online.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

facethemusic
on 11/22/11 1:28 am
I love my ShapeFX shapewear.  It's a bit spendy, but sooo worth it.  I've lost almost 100 pounds in 7 months and if it weren't for this my skin would be all over the place.  It's also reasonably comfy.  www.shapefx.com/  They also have their swimsuits for $10 right now.  If you buy one buy a size up from what you need for firm control and for extreme control buy the size you wear.  I've been wearing their suits for years and nothing tucks you in like that, not even a miracle suit.  Their seamless shapewear is 60% off right now too.  Great deal!  This is my personal favorite to help hid my saggy thighs and belly.  www.shapefx.com/store/Shapewear___Shop_by_Category___Bottom_ Half_Shapers___Shape_fx__xAE__Bio__x2D_Shape_Skin__x2D_Rejuv enating_Capri_Legging___S201007003
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 3:54 am - TX
Thanks for that link! I just ordered six swimsuits! Three in the size I wear and three the size up, just to see how they fit and what I like. (What I don't like I'll give to my daughter, so not a waste.) We spend every afternoon in the summer at the pool - just as soon as I'm off work we head out there and stay until it closes. Can't wait to see how they work out.

If they do, I"m going to order something for tummy and thigh control too.
plum21
on 11/22/11 1:32 am - Miami, FL
I've tried a lot of different kinds of shapewear, but the best and the ones I wear everyday (having lost 158 pounds is SLIMPRESSIONS. I use mostly the tank and it covers my stomach. I love being compressed. Wear them everyday. You can order them online at slimpressions.com

sherri7794
on 11/22/11 1:45 am
Thank you everyone.  I will check all these out.  I need something good lol :)

Laura in Texas
on 11/22/11 10:43 am
If money is an issue, I like shapewear at Wal Mart. Cupid and Sweet Nothings, both available at Wal Mart, are good at holding everything in and low in cost.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views