HELP

T V.
on 11/22/11 10:22 am
I think I had posted before that me and my husband have separated. I am having such a hard time with this and it has totally ruined my weight loss. I have cried so much. I am so stressed over bills and not having a job. I have went back to my old habits of snacking on the things that are far from healthy. Unfortunately, I do not think I have a problem with sugar and breads. I am at such a loss. I went to my family doctor and he has put me on another antidepressant, but just like all the others I have been on, they don't seem to work. I feel horrible and just want to stay in bed all the time. Please help.

poet_kelly
on 11/22/11 10:28 am - OH
You need to see a psychiatrist.  Family doctors aren't experts in antidepressant meds.  Just like you went to a bariatric surgeon for your WLS because that was beyond the scope of your family doc's expertise, so is antidepressants.  It's common to have to try a bunch to get a combo that works, but a psychiatrist is much more experienced in dealing with those meds and will be more likely to know how to help you.

Tomorrow morning, call and make an appointment with a psychiatrist.  Or call your family doc to ask for a referral, if you need one with your insurance company.  When you call to make the appointment, explain that you are feeling so bad it's hard to get out of bed.  Let them know you need to get in as soon as possible.

Then call and make an appointment with a therapist.  Meds won't solve this problem alone.

Now, meds and therapy work, at least for most people, but they are not quick fixes - kind of like this surgery is not a quick fix.  When you are done making your appointments, throw out all the snacks that aren't healthy and go to the store and buy some healthy snacks.  Then go back to bed if you want - but you'll have gotten off to a good start dealing with this stuff.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

T V.
on 11/22/11 10:38 am
Thanks Kelly. You are always so helpful.

poet_kelly
on 11/22/11 10:39 am - OH
Oh, I try.  I really do hope you feel better.  But there's just no quick fix for what you're going through.  You gotta take things one step at a time.  Make yourself a list and cross things off as you do them.  And try to get lots of rest, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Koko10
on 11/22/11 10:16 pm - NC

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with this. I agree with Kelly and I pray that you followed her advice. Try to do something to keep busy, that will take your mind off of your problems or even help you with your future. When I was depressed because I kept loosing my babies, I concentrated on doing things that had nothing to do with children but kept me busy. Eventually, I learned to do those things instead of eating or planning how to get pregnant again. Take care, you can get through this.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Laura in Texas
on 11/22/11 10:27 pm
You need to figure out how to take care of yourself for you and your son's sake. He needs you to be strong. So take your anti-depressants and try to "fake it till you make it". You can do it!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

FleurDeLis
on 11/23/11 3:44 am
What Kelly said.

Tough love time.

Get out of the bed.

One of the best anti-depressants is exercise. Lots of people like to go for a walk just to clear their heads. They have recreation therapy in psych hospitals to get people moving and get their problems off their minds. Even playing catch with your son would do it as well as make him feel better as well.

You need to do that to use some calories, too. If all you are doing is eating and staying in bed, you are using less calories than you usually need.

If you go job hunting you need to be at your best. That means mentally, emotionally, and physically. Medication can put a floor under your depression but you still have to work to pick yourself up off that floor.

Even a good cry will help to get rid of some of the stress chemicals you have been building up from both the separation and the hormones that losing the weight ccuses to be released into your system as the fat melts. That's a double whammy. Most of us have enough troulble with just one thing going on hormonally.

Things will get better. Some things just take time. Actions can affect feelings (look good feel good, remember?). So act as normally as you possibly can. Try to stick to your regular routine.

Stop sabotaging yourself. You are worth more than that. Get the contraband food out of the house. Start moving. God bless you.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics