sharp burning pain in left breast

Laura T.
on 11/22/11 10:36 am - Carthage, NC
I recently noticed that my left breast, I have been having occasional sharp burning pain when I do not wear a bra. If almost feels like something is tearing away from the skin inside. That is to say  what is left of my breasts after dropping so much weight--which is a BLESSING....however, now all I have for breasts are empty balloon sacks).
Is this normal for women who have huge amounts of weight loss?
I go to Dr on the 19th--but, wanted to ask ahead of time if it was normal.

Laura T
Whether therefore ye eat or drink, do all to the glory of God.  

Dave Chambers
on 11/22/11 12:27 pm - Mira Loma, CA

I'd suggest you wear a bra all now, except in the shower or bathtub. You're 1 year post op and your ticker shows around 132 pounds wt lost. Yes this will be uncomfortable. I know several women in my support groups who lost a lot of wt and had severe back and shoulder pain issues. Don't recall any stories of "tearing the skin" from these women. All the ones that had breast reductions said they felt much better.  A few (that could afford it) had a breast lift and they said that they felt better too. Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Laura T.
on 11/23/11 11:59 am - Carthage, NC
Not tearing of the skin--but a feeling like the muscle (or inner tissue) is tearing away from the inside of my breast. Yes, I wear a bra pretty much all the time now--even that doesn't help if I run and things start to bounce. LOL
Never had enough to reduce them--even as a big girl--those never filled out much more than a normal C cup--but I do have plans to refill the girls as soon as summer comes... :p
Oh well, it was worth a shot. Not sure what's going on now then, I assumed this was fairly normal.

Laura T
Whether therefore ye eat or drink, do all to the glory of God.  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics