I hate Thanksgivng...with pics I said it...sorry lol

L. Rios
on 11/23/11 9:07 am - Springfield, MO

Ok ok, don't get pissed, but I have to say it. I love getting togther with family and friends but I really hate that Thanksgiving is a total eating holiday. I can't think of anything I would like to eat that would make me feel as great as I do now and frankly watching everyone gorge beyond belief make me GAG! I get the honor of fixing the dinner every year and I love cleaning the house and getting everything ready and then comes the dreaded food... OMG! I wish I could get a grip on this but going to the store and spending the money of food I can't eat, it makes me crazy. The money that's spent on this one dinner could buy me and great new outfit and some new boots. LOL Such is the life of a wls patient. Why can't you eat turkey or ham, no sugar what the hell? Its all good, I'll have some wine and enojoy the family time. That is the best part right? FAMILY. What would I do without my amazing family? This year I'm thankful for my husband, we have been threw hell and back. He's still my best friend even threw it all. I can't imagine a life without him. My amazing son, he's been my friend, my rock and my life. My daughter, she is amazing, finding her own way in the world. My parents, they have supported me threw good and bad. I am truly blessed. I thank God everyday for my family! Thanksgiving is finally a holiday for me meaning "Thanks" not about the food we eat but about the the belssing in our lives! A very thankful...Lou (~.~)

talula216
on 11/23/11 9:24 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
You look amazing.  I may feel the same way next year.

Talula
Starting weight 369

L. Rios
on 11/23/11 9:46 am, edited 11/23/11 9:47 am - Springfield, MO
Thanks! I'm 3 years out and I still dread this holiday every year..its all good, the way you feel will totally make up for it.  Its not pc to say but I just gotta be me. :D
Ladytazz
on 11/23/11 11:12 am
I hate Christmas myself because it is so commercialized and all about spending money you don't have.
Thanksgiving, not so much.  If they did away with it it wouldn't bother me.  In the past I loved it because of the food, now I am happy that I am going to my son's but if it weren't for that I wouldn't care.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Laura in Texas
on 11/23/11 11:54 am
Interesting. I had my RNY a few weeks before you. I can and do eat a ton, while still maintaining my weight, so eating during the holidays does not bother me. And I do not judge others who choose to eat more than what they probably should. Indulging during a few holiday meals spread throughout the year (10 maybe out of 1000 meals) does not make anyone obese. It's day to day living that does that.

I hope you can find some sort of peace and enjoy the day.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Merk
on 11/23/11 12:33 pm
Dont think of it as a eating holiday, think of it as a football holiday.
takqia1
on 11/23/11 3:07 pm
Well this is my first major holiday post wls and I'm so glad I discontinued Thanksgiving in my home this year... For the first time I can remember in 20 years I'm not cooking. We are going house to house to our adult childrens homes with with new wls recipes in hand. I feel weird not cooking the whole dinner though. I just didn't want the temptations  left in MY frig. I saved about $200 not cooking so black friday here I come! I'm okay with others eating I'm proud of myself and where I am right now. Maybe next year I will cook again I'd like to have my whole family under one roof at onetime though. Maybe I will cook Christmas dinner now that I'm learning to cook healthier. Either way whether you love it or no****ch the parade and make great family memories,
Michelle E.
on 11/23/11 7:58 pm

I totally understand.. I am not cooking this year.. Our fam is going to Grandma's house.. We are doing a 3 mile walk this morning.. then heading to Grandma's house.

Michelle

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 11/23/11 9:09 pm
Why do you have to buy all the food?  All those attending should be willing to bring something.  Why does it cost as much as an outfit and boots.  Scale back.  Turkey is cheap right now.  A 10# bag of potatoes costs less than $5.  Add a little flour and milk to the turkey drippings and make gravy. 

There is nothing wrong with enjoying the family more and the food less.  That is what the holiday is all about.

Winnie

BeautifulCajun
on 11/23/11 10:58 pm - Evangeline , LA
gIRL, mY JAW DROPPED!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics