I made it through Thanksgiving

Annette O.
on 11/24/11 8:40 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
I didnt' post previous but I was worried about Thanksgiving being 2 months out. I had what
I estimated a 1/3 cup of sweet potatos, regular potatos and 1/4 cup of corn. As a vegetarian
there wasn't much else for me to eat. I did eat salad that had a little goat cheese. So now that
I'm home I'm going to have a protien shake knowing I didn't get any protien at dinner.
I even had a piece of pumkin pie made with Splenda. I know it's not conducive to have
new foods when away from home but it worked out, no dumping and feeling fine.
Anyone experiment with new food?
Annette O
D-J
on 11/24/11 9:03 am
I made a pumpkin pie for my Guy and used some of the pumkin to make a pumpkin soufle` with splenda for myself,,it was pretty good
lclowe0808
on 11/24/11 9:09 am - WI
Great job on maing it through Thanksgiving!  I am 1 week pre-op and had a shake for my thanksgiving lunch (didn't taste as good as turkey...LOL).  Good luck as you continue on your new adventure.
"The path to success begins with a tiny step."          
Rena H.
on 11/24/11 9:24 am
I too had a protein shake for Thanksgiving (lol) My surgery is Dec. 5th and I am on the pre-op diet. I made it through today fairly easy. (knock on wood) lol

Best Wishes :)
NANCY C.
on 11/24/11 10:39 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
 I was worried about today since I had to fix the traditional dinner for my family.  I sat at the table with everyone but ate my carrot soup with  unjury and when they had dessert I had made myself a pudding with a little pumpkin and spice in it.  Now I have picked all the meat off the turkey and cleaned the kitchen so I am relaxing with a protein shake.  My only temptation really was when I was taking the turkey off the bone to bag up for other things.  I always loved to just munch on the juicy turkey bites.

BUT I did not give into temptation!! YAY

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

lilbear412
on 11/24/11 10:54 am - MN
 first thanksgiving post op for me...i ate some turkey..i would say about 2 oz..i ate about 2 oz of ham..i ate a tablespoon of mashed potatoes and gravy..i ate about a tablespoon of dressing..i ate a bite of beans..about 1/4 cup of some good salad someone made.. and a whole small roll.  I really couldn't believe i ate so much and it was odd that i wasn't even super super full.  But i quit..and am just satisfied 3 hours later.  I made some SF pumpkin cheesecake i will try later but for now its almost time to do some shopping....lol...

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

michelle.z
on 11/24/11 10:39 pm - Barberton, OH
Yay, we made it! lol I managed to take my tiny plate and sneak off into the living room to eat it at my mom's , as she still doesn't know I had WLS. That was my biggest worry...her asking me "Why aren't you eating?" I'm still eating soft foods, but I did have my turkey, mashed potatoes and some green beans, all of which are on my list. I just also had one little bite of stuffing, and one bite of pumpkin pie and I felt fine. (Those were NOT on the list...lol!) I'm sure if I'd have pushed it and ate more than a bite of those things it would not have been pretty. Honestly, I enjoyed Thanksgiving more than ever this year, not feeling like I ate a brick and just enjoying my family.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Annette O.
on 11/25/11 11:32 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
 I'm glad to know that I wasn't the otnly one worried.  It sounds like we all figured out ways to work around the stuffing yourself holiday.  Thanks for the replys and letting me feel like I wasn't alone.

Annette O
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 96 views