Wanting to check in with other 5 month post ops....

Bkritty
on 11/26/11 4:04 am
Hey Everyone,

I will be 5 months post op tomorrow. I love my RNY! I have lost 77 pounds to date and I feel amazing. I have found it challenging to get in my exercise lately (still working out, just getting to be routine...i need to change it up!) and have been sneaking a few too many carbs (darn pretzels!) but I am still losing and no regrets! Just curious how you all are doing out there? Are you all still losing at a steady pace? I seem to be losing about  1-2 pounds a week at this point. I had the "foamies" a lot in the beginning but they seem to have subsided now. I still can't eat any soft breads, steak or sadly eggs :(

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! It was great to survive a holiday without gaining weight for the first time in YEARS!

Kristie

Elismom09
on 11/26/11 4:16 am - IN
Wow you are doing great!!  I too amd 5mos out and am doing great!  Im not having any problems with any food. Im not sure if that is good or bad! I have noooo problems with sugar, except keeping my paws off of it occasionally! Excercise is hard to get in, but I try to walk 15 min after every meal.  I lose about 5 lbs in a week then plateu for a week or 2. then another 5, wierd!  Im not sure if anyone else loses like that. Im feeling great, and glad to see others doing well too!!!  Take care and keep losing!!  We can win this fight!!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 11/26/11 7:20 am

That is exactly how I lose.  That is how it has been from the very beginning of my surgery.  I have seen others say the same thing.  As long ans it keeps going down eventually,  I will put up with it.

Winnie

Evelyn3131
on 11/26/11 4:17 am - Burlington, NC
Hi Kristie,

I will be 5 months post op on the 30th.  I too notice that my eating is increasing.  Like yesterday, I grazed all day.  I realized that emotional eating is still a factor and am considering going to a therapist.  I too love my RNY!  It has truly been a blessing.  I will also admit that my exercise has not been consistent, but have decided to get back focused, because I DO want to reach my goal.  I tend to not lose for 2 weeks, then lose about 8 to 12 pounds the next 2.  So, we are probably averaging the same monthly lose.  This month has been the hardest and I may be in a stall, plus not doing everything like I should.  I am trying to stay on this site because it helps me stay focused.

By the way, I can eat pretty much whatever, but have said away from all sweets and white carbs except crackers, which I have to mindfully watch.  My goal is to stay off sweets as long as I possibly can as they are a trigger food for me.  I will pray for you and please pray for me!

Wishing you much success and many blessings!

Evelyn

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
christinalee
on 11/26/11 5:02 am, edited 11/26/11 5:02 am - At Home in, NH
I'm doing well, as well! Poster child here for average just about everything. Average weight loss ( right on target doc says), average digestive problems...a little constipation here, a little nausea there, ffoamies only infrequently (most issues are because of less than stellar mindful eating habits..too fast...too big of bites, etc.), average hair loss.

I did well with Thanksgiving, being the food centric holiday it is. I wonder sometimes about how much I'm eating volume wise, but then some days the pouch lets me know in very certain terms who is boss. Overall I'm averagely losing the weight and averagely adapting to the new eating regime. Exercise I'm excelling at. But then again I love the feel of my lightness and the freeing mobility I have to walk, run, do yoga, weight lift and heck, just behave with more life in my steps.
So down about 70 lbs since surgery (wow that 100 lbs gone milestone is sneeking up quickly), usually in a fairly 2-3 lbs per week average (I tell you I'm an average woman~grin~). The routine is good, life is good, and I think the path/journey is only at the beginning!

Keep on rockin 'the weight loss!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 216 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?