When did your high blood pressure resolve

Sunbunnyqt
on 11/26/11 3:44 am - FL
I was disappointed when I went to my PCP last week. I was hoping to be able to get of my blood pressure medication as soon as possible but he actually put me on a second med for HBP.

When did your high blood pressure get better - enough to discontinue medication(s).

Thanks for your input in advance.

latindiva
on 11/26/11 4:17 am

This doesn't have to be your case but 11 months and 80 pounds later I am still on BP medication. It hasn't resolved itself...

BUT NO REGRETS...

_Donna_
on 11/26/11 4:25 am
I stopped my bp meds at 3months post op...  im almost 7 months now and bp was 112/68 at my last visit

RNY 5-5-2011

ShebasMom
on 11/26/11 4:36 am
Revision on 07/05/16
My BP med was a diuretic, so I was taken off of it when I had my rny surgery. (my BP was borderline high and I also had swelling in my legs/ankles, which the diuretic reduced).
During my hospital stay and my 3 week follow-up, my BP was OK. I recently had knee surgery on 11-7-11 and my BP was better. I also don't have the swelling in my legs/feet either.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

christinalee
on 11/26/11 4:38 am - At Home in, NH
I see my PCP next month and will be asking for a different tactic in my HBP resolution. I left the hospital 5 months ago minus two of my medications but am currently still on a beta blocker. Am working with PCP to find a different class of medications that maybe will resolve the issue, and I'm working with a health coach to pursue a low sodium post bariatric diet. Keeping my fingers crossed that with more poundage going, better exercise routine underway, and a lower sodium diet, I can get HBP gone! But am realistic enough to know it might be something I have til the end of days.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

cedarstar
on 11/26/11 5:51 am - Manitoba, Canada
My blood pressure returned to normal after having surgery. I never had to take them again even whil still in the hospital.

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

redheadjean
on 11/26/11 8:29 am - Canton, MI
I was off the two I was taking by the end of the first week after surgery.  BP was dropping and I was dizzy.  I was back on a diuretic about 6 months out and I'm still on it.  It is a pretty low dose and I'm o.k. with that.  I think that high BP can be caused by other things.  Mine seems to be borderline at times at the doctor's office, but still o.k. when I check it at home.  I'm not sure I'll stay off the other heavy duty meds.  I was on a beta blocker and ace inhibitor and combos for about 15 years before surgery.  I exercise a lot now and have a great resting heart rate.  Everyone is different.  Just keep an eye on it, keep exercising and see if you can lower any of it.
Jean  
weein
on 11/26/11 9:33 am - CA
I was a year out and down a total of 166 lbs before I came off my BP meds. Everyone is different. Even skinny people have high blood pressure. Before I had come off of it, I had accepted that I was just going to be one that needed the med no matter what my weight was. Good luck to you.

Eileen

TXKashmir
on 11/26/11 11:40 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I am three years out, down 148 pounds, and still taking my BP meds. Sorry...

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Carrie W.
on 11/26/11 11:46 am - KY
I haven't taken them since the night before surgery. Mine wasn't high-high though.
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 170 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views