Homemade protein shake recipe question. I havent seen this one before

NIXMOMMIE
on 12/1/11 9:16 pm - NC
Hey guys and dolls.  I hope everyone is having a great day.  Dis you have a good Turkey Day?  You did.  Great.  I did as well.
  Well, I have fallen off the protein wagon and I am trying desperately to crawl back on.  If anyone remembers I was at one time able to get in 100 grams of protein daily.  Well, that has since gone by the wayside.  Carbs have crept in and taken over my meat hoarding self.  Well I need to get back. 
Anyway I have decided to invest in Unjury Chocolate Splendor.  It is fabulous.  My question is this????
If I make a shake today, can I drink it tomorrow?  Does the protein go away, break down, turn to paste?  What is the deal?
Please advise with out flames.
Love you all, every pound of you.
Thanks Nixie

Hillery82211
on 12/1/11 9:45 pm - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
I make shakes all the time and then drink them later.  Usually I make my morning protein coffee the night before and then just pop it in the microwave and heat in the morning.  I doubt that anything happens to the protein if you don't drink it right away (as far as it breaking down).  I usually keep mine in the fridge in the shaker bottle and then give it a quick shake before drinking.  Doesn't turn to pate, goo, or anything else!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
poet_kelly
on 12/1/11 9:53 pm - OH
The protein does not go away.  The protein actually comes from milk, and you know how you can leave a gallon of milk in your fridge for a week and none of the protein or other nutrients go away?  Same thing.  Now, I don't know if it will get pasty or if the powder will start to settle to the bottom or what.  some brands might work better than others in that sense.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NIXMOMMIE
on 12/1/11 9:55 pm - NC
I was worried about the protein powder breaking down. It does settle a bit but I Just shake it up some.
takqia1
on 12/1/11 10:52 pm
If you haven't already try their cheese sauce too its yummy!
I recently purchased some protein pancake mix haven't tried it yet but thinking about making a very small pancake later.
Yes I know you can make it from scratch but if its not easy I won't do it...lol...
I've learned to cook for one day and make freezer meals to help me stay on a good menu.
I also like carnation instant breakfast... staying on task longer out with the proteins I'm sure is not easy. Good luck!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?