Year or more people....wanting to know what your daily food plan

heidinsd
on 12/3/11 1:55 am - Poway, CA
So I'm trying to get back on track here and wondering what your daily food plan is. Do you measure still?? What type of food are you eating?? Just any tips thanks!!

I love my tool!!!!
poet_kelly
on 12/3/11 2:31 am - OH
Yes, I measure.  I eat about six times a day, about a cup of food at a time.  Yesterday I got more than 80 grams of protein but usually it's around 70-75.

My day usually looks something like this:

Breakfast - protein shake
Lunch - salad (I can eat a couple cups of salad) or leftovers from dinner the night before
Snack - protein bar or Greek yogurt
Dinner - vegetarian chili, some sort of beans, eggs with cheese and a piece of whole wheat toast, grilled cheese sandwich (maybe just half), sometimes soup, etc.
Snack - fruit, occasionally a cookie, or yogurt
Snack - protein bar, yogurt or leftovers from dinner

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Samantha L.
on 12/3/11 2:45 am - Petaluma, CA
 I don't measure, but I am probably not the best example of healthy eating.  A typical day:

B: Protein shake
L: A couple slices of deli meat or a bowl of light soup (Like Progresso Light Pot Roast YUM)
S: Protein shake
D: Half of a grilled chicken breast or some other kind of meat with a small helping of veggies
S: If I have one, it's usually popcorn or 4oz of Activia Light yogurt or a handful of almonds or a couple of prunes or a small banana

seashell6417
on 12/3/11 3:05 am - Gaylord, MN
I don't measure w/ measuring cups but I do have some 2 c. containers that I use for lunch.  If I am eating something like chili I just fill it to halfway or just slightly higher if I am not eating anything else.  I use those containers quite a bit.  A typical day for me would be:

B - Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty, egg and 1/2 oz reduced fat pepperjack on a slice of whole wheat toast.
L - Leftovers from dinner, Greek yogurt, or salad
S - Protein bar
D - Protein (chicken, steak, burger patty, chicken sausage, etc.), veggie and whatever starch I am serving my family if I still have room for it.
S - Glass of milk, cheese, or piece of fruit
Sometimes I will eat another snack later in the night.  Popcorn is a fav if I have had enough protein throughout the day.
Tami

Lori P.
on 12/3/11 3:35 am - Kenosha, WI
AM: 150 grams plain greek yogurt and 1/4c fruit
Snack: banana
Lunch: spinach leave salad w/ 90 grams chicken
Snack 150 grams plain greek yogurt and 1/4c fruit
Supper: spinach leave salad w/ 90 grams chicken
Snack: 150 grams plain greek yogurt and 1/4c fruit

IF my weight is below 125...I will have a bag of popcorn in the evening.

My eating is very limited d/t having a picky pouch

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Michele816
on 12/3/11 3:56 am
 I measure all my food and plan and log my meals/snacks every day.  I feel that this enables me to keep track of not only my calorie intake, but also my nutrition.  It is a routine part of my day and doesn't take that much time with the APP on my I-pod and/or the corresponding website and my well being is worth the time it takes.  I get at least 64 oz of water and 100+ grams of protein each day and keep the carbs under 100 grams and often under 80 without factoring net carbs. I strength train a couple of times a week and walk a couple of times a week-so scheduled exercise of some kind is 4 times a week on average.

I generally start the day with either Fiber One 80 or Special K protein cereal in plain greek yogurt flavored with Torani SF French Vanilla and 1/2 scoop of unflavored protein powder. 

Lunch is some type of protein (generally at least 30 grams) and maybe lentil crackers for the crunch.

Supper is protein and vegetable (generally at least 30 grams of protein) and sometimes and complex carb.

Snack is usually fruit or a protein muffin.

My caloric intake at this point is 1000-1150.  I hope that helps.

LisaBee1964
on 12/3/11 4:30 am - OH
Hi, at a little over 7 months out, this is very helpful... i have lost  over 100 lbs, need to lose another 100, but have foound that after the 6 month mark i have slowed down on my weight loss greatly. i know iam eating more so i guess i should go back to tracking food.
thnx for the encouragement guys!
;0)
  I am lovin' life!         
Ladytazz
on 12/3/11 4:51 am
Most of the time I measure or I use pre measured things or I am getting pretty good at eyeballing things.  To check on how good of a judge I am I will eyeball a portion of something then measure it to see how accurate I am and I am usually pretty close.
For breakfast I have protein coffee and sometimes oatmeal and a banana.
Lunch is usually a ricotta bake and some Nut Thins and Laughing Cow.
Snack is a protein bar, usually Think Thin
Dinner varies but it's usually some kind of protein like chicken and a vegetable, maybe a salad and dressing.  Sometimes I take something out of the freezer that I have made in advance like a casserole.
After dinner I feel like I snack a lot but I am trying to get in all my protein and calories.  I usually have a protein drink, a sugar free fudgecicle, maybe some sugar free pudding or some popcorn and before bed I have some nut butter or some protein cookies I made.
I track everything I eat to make sure I am getting enough protein and calories.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

mrslatch
on 12/3/11 8:44 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I do and don't measure. If that makes sense. First of all, I've become a pretty good judge of things so lots of times I don't need to. Second, I do bust out the measuring cup on 'treats' or high calorie items. Such as peanut butter. I know I could easily over load a spoon and 'lie' to myself and say it was only a tablespoon, when I really know better.

My eating normally looks something like this. And I always aim for 100g protein and 100 oz water.

Coffee w/ milk
B-Eggs (or egg whites) and turkey sausage/bacon
S-handful of nuts
L-tuna on 6 crackers
S-turkey peperoni and cheese stick
D-Chicken with some sort of veggie
S-protein cake/shake

I eat anywhere from 1100-1500 a day. I try to mix it up.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

gbsinsatx
on 12/4/11 2:40 am - San Antonio, TX
 Please see my profile page...

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics