6 months post op

maggiet
on 12/4/11 12:53 am - Durham, NC
Wow! Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary. My cholesterol went from 267 to 189. My diabetes numbers went down a whoel point and I am NOWHERE near diabetic. I can move, my kneees don't hurt like they did. I can walk up stairs and down without problems. I haven't had a bout of IBS since the surgery. I went from a size 30 to a size 18 in pants. My boobs are still too big to fit into regualr sizes but that's ok. At least I didn't loose those!

I am still struggling with BiPolar/depression but it is managable and I'm fewer medications. And now I'm suffering from bad leg cramps at night. I'm upping my potassium and magnesium and iron.

I wouldn't suggest this surgery to folks just overweight. It was too hard - and I didn't have any complications. But for someone like me whose BMI was close to 50, this surgery has probably saved my life. It has certainly saved the quality of my life.

Thanks to all of you who were so supportive when I really needed it in the beginning. And hang in there new folks. It is worth it, espeically 6 months out.

Love to y'all!

tulips52
on 12/4/11 4:25 am
 Wow! Amazing weight loss. It's great to see your health improving too! Congrats!

Rdy4change11
on 12/4/11 4:54 am - GA
Congrats!  That's awesome!  Thanks for posting!
Mattmankow
on 12/4/11 7:31 am - MD
 Try upping your fluid intake. Cramps can also be a sign of dehydration.
cindybogge
on 12/4/11 7:41 am
Thanks for posting this.  It is such an encouragement to me and I def. need the encouragement.  Thanks again.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 282 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 280 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?