Epic Stall.... I think

CoachArch
on 12/2/11 6:47 am - NM
Hello everyone. I just finished up with my 2 month check-up in late October and everything went AWESOME!!! I weighed in at 369 from weighing 507 in my initial visit and 449 from the day of surgery. Since then I have gone down to 351 and have gained and lost the same freaking 4 pounds for the past two weeks. My portions havent changed and neither has my intake for the most part. The worst part is that I've increased my activity. I have started playing raquetball daily as well as walk/running and weights. I workout at least 4 days a week and I'm still battling the same 4 pounds.I'll dip down to the 340's for a bit, then be back at 350 the next day. What am I doing wrong? I'm still losing inches, but not pounds. What can I do to continue losing weight. I want to have a 2 in the front of my weight number before the summer hits, but I'm getting frustrated after these past two weeks. All You RNY veterans, please help me out...

Other than the damn stall I feel awesome. I would have this surgery again tomorrow, without anesthesia lol.... I am thankful for every day and I love the way I feel. 

Hope everyone is having a great week and has and AWESOME weekend. Take care and I look forward to hearing back from everyone.
capold3
on 12/2/11 6:59 am - MA
 First of all, congrats on the 150 plus that you have already lost...Wish I could give you advise on what to do, but only 7 weeks out and I haven't lost in weeks, so I just wanted you to know you are not alone and that you have done awesome so far...keep up the good work!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/11 6:59 am
 I am sure you are just gaining muscle. Keep it up and the results will continue to show. 
fickleme
on 12/2/11 8:33 am - Bessemer City, NC
 I have no advice... I suck at dealing with stalls myself... But I wanted to say congrats on your progress so far... You're doing awesome!!... Good luck with your stall I'm sure you will get some helpful tips soon... :) 
Laura in Texas
on 12/2/11 9:01 am
Just keep doing what you're doing and keep taking your measurements. I don't think of it as a real stall if you are still losing inches. Your body is just re-grouping right now. It will start back up again. Hang in there!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

DisneyLover
on 12/2/11 9:58 am - WI
Congrats on the loss so far!

I would say since you are exercising as much as you are, increase your food intake.  It seemed that I was still losing inches and I upped my protein and food amount intake slightly and I hit the sweet spot for myself and the pounds started to come off again.

Your body has to adjust from time to time so don't worry about it too much. 

Sarah

BWB
on 12/2/11 11:19 am
 My first thought is that you are building muscle and muscles weigh more than fat...or so I've been told.  I would say that you have lost a lot of weight and should expect a stall or slow down.

I had my stall at 220 lbs for at least two weeks and now I am losing approx. 1/2 lbs a day.  I don't know what I changed to get back on track.  My problem is remembering to sip water as often as needed.  I also need to get back to the gym.  So much to do and so little time.  My surgery was Sept 1st and I am over half of my goal.  It does feel wonderful and life is so much easier.  
Congratulations to you.

OceanBluzs
on 12/2/11 11:59 pm - LA
Please, just keep doing what you are doing. At 4 months post-op I went into a two month stall. Inches were coming off, but not pounds. I didn't change what I was doing, but have lost almost 20 pounds in month 7. I am also seeing that the scale is not moving again and suspect another stall is on the way. We all loose weight differently and the rapid weight loss, followed by a recover period (stall) might just be your pattern. If you are doing everything right, increasing exercise, etc... the scale will catch up.

Carolyn

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?