best protein drinks?

sweetgirlt26
on 12/4/11 9:55 am
RNY on 01/04/12 with
 hey everyone, so im starting to slowly prep for my surgery which is jan 4th and i was wondering if anyone knows any good tasting protein drinks an where to purchase them....thanks :)
angelica N.
on 12/4/11 10:09 am - CA
Hey there so I am starting my shakes tomorrow the Dr's office gave me optifast shakes I havent tried it yet but I will let you know how they are :)
cdburns16
on 12/4/11 10:11 am
i just went with the Body Fortress Whey Protein shake mix - chocolate - tasted just like chocolate milk to me!  use it with skim milk (very cold) and only costs @ 15.00 for a weeks worth!  found them at WalMart.

Libby0218
on 12/4/11 10:12 am - TX
Just before my surgery, I ordered sample packs from places like Unjury, Click, and Vitalady. I also picked up some of the Jay Robb packs too. This provided me a variety of flavors and consistencies to select from since I didn't know how my taste might change after surgery. I'm pleased with this approach and have now found my favorite (Synthrax Nectar in Wild Cherry).
sweetgirlt26
on 12/4/11 10:13 am
RNY on 01/04/12 with
thanks soo much guys
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/4/11 10:36 am - OH
 Definitely order a bunch of samples, because everyone is different in what protein powders they like.  If ten people say they LOVE a certain brand and flavor, you may still hate it.  Also, your  tastes may change after surgery, so don't buy much beforehand... Just make due with enough samples until you know what you like.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

TysCandi
on 12/4/11 11:15 am
About Time has samples and convenient fill and go bottles of protein that have 31grams of bottle...My favorite flavors are peanut butter, peaches and cream, vanilla, and strawberry...chocolate is alright...
I am not a fan of birthday cake or cinnamon swirl, it just doesn't meet my flavor expectations. And I haven't tried my banana one yet...

http://www.shopabouttime.com/

Someone on this board recommended this brand and I could not be happier with the taste.

HW: 326  SW: 312  GW:140

acano00
on 12/4/11 12:41 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hello, Costco has a good whey protein shake.  It is a ready to drink shake and it comes in chocolate and vanilla.  It is called Premier Protein and has 30 grams of protein per 11 oz shake, vitamins and only 1 gram of sugar.  Very easily tolerated post op.  The package has 24 containers and costs about $26.00.  I hope this helps!  Good luck with your surgery!

Apple-Jax
on 12/4/11 4:14 pm
avoid muscle milk.

it is popular, but the label says "contains protein concentrate and or protien isolate"

meaning it is probably all concentrate, the "wrong" kind for us!

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

italianspice
on 12/4/11 9:06 pm, edited 12/4/11 9:07 pm - Eastlake, OH
I also love about time.

But postop, you will be surprised how much your tastes will change. I was so glad I ordered a bunch of samples. Then kept a log on which ones I could tolerate. At first, it seemed like every other week my tastes would change.

Glad to hear your preparing. Also dont forget about getting samples of your vitamins. Celebrate and bariatric advantage, and I am sure others offer samples to try.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 191 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?