100 lbs!!

Jeanine J.
on 12/7/11 8:57 am
 I am happy yet sad about the fact that I have lost 100 lbs since the start of my journey! I happy because it's 100 lbs GONE forever but I am sad because I have only lost 50 of those Post Op. I am almost 7 months out, but I know that some of it is my fault because I started eating a lot of carbs and drinking soda. I thought that I would have the will power to stay away but I didn't. I am now fighting the addiction to carbs and soda. MAN THEY ARE LIKE DRUGS!!! I am struggling to stay on the proverbial wagon but I slip I am only human. I recently started a new exercise routine hoping that it will kick me back into gear! But any who YAY FOR ME!!!! I HAVE LOST 100 POUNDS!!!!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
neenjaneen
on 12/7/11 9:34 am - Intheburbs, IL
Congratulations on the 100 lbs!!!! I am so happy for you. I am just reaching 100 lbs lost also and it feels amazing. I hope you can stay away from the carbs too. I seem to have the same problem but with sweets. We have a lot in common as my name is Janeen J too. I am rooting for you. Let's cut out those carbs and get to exercising more.

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 9:34 am
Congratulations on the weight lose.  You know WLS is a lifestyle change that we all have to make. keyword being LIFE change. You can do this and we will be here to support you.
Ladytazz
on 12/7/11 9:35 am
I am probably going to sound like a royal ***** but I hate it when people say they have lost X amount of pounds forever.  Take it from me, there is no such thing as forever, especially if you continue to eat the way you are.  I know from bitter experience.  I had a surgery that was supposed to be the best there was for keeping weight off.  I never thought I would regain the weight, but I was addicted to carbs, too, and I also drank my calories.  I regained 100 lbs.  Lesson learned.  I haven't lost anything forever, just for today as long as I stay away from those things that I am addicted to.
I would worry less about exercising then I would about stopping the carbs and soda.  You are in the "honeymoon" period now, where you can eat pretty much anything and lose weight, mainly because your stomach is so small and because you have some malabsorption.  By the time you are about a year or so out you will find you can eat a lot more and the malabsorption is temporary.  That is why people regain after a RNY.  WLS doesn't help you make good choices, all it does it make it easier to be satisfied with smaller amounts.  Make the same choices you always have and you will get the same results you always did.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Jeanine J.
on 12/7/11 10:38 am
 You don't sound like a ***** You sound like a woman who has been there! I have cut out my soda and reduced my carbs ALOT. I stick to the carbs from fruits and veggies not pasta, bread and crackers. I appreciate that you have posted! I am very greatful that you helped me with the reality of after the "honeymoon". 

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
Ladytazz
on 12/7/11 10:42 am
Been there, done that, have the scar on my stomach to show for it :)
Good luck to you.  It does get easier.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics