Pain in Left Middle Back/Flank???

mom2kings
on 12/7/11 1:53 am
I'm 7 months post op & all of sudden this morning I developed a pretty intense pain on the left side of my middle back/flank area.  Everytime I move it really hurts.  I saw my surgeon last week for a post-op check & everything was fine at that time.  Not sure if this is surgically related or not.  It doesn't feel like a pulled muscle a deeper pain.  I'm a little concerned.  Anyone have any ideas?
Mom2Kings

Lisa R.
on 12/7/11 2:04 am - CA
 Ok, strange, cause I am also 7 months out (5/2/11) and I just saw my surgeon and it was all fine but I have this pain in my left side, but it is not all the time.  It happens when I sit a certain way, or walk too much, or stand in one place to much.  It happens alot when I drive!  It is not so much pain as just like uncomfortable.  It is weird and it only happens in the middle of my back on the left side!  

I just thought it was from loss of muscle.  Now I 'm concerned.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
dawnie55
on 12/7/11 2:05 am, edited 12/7/11 2:06 am - Garden Grove, CA
I saw my dr. yesterday it was my 2 wk post op i told him i was having discomfort in my upper stomach and in pain in the middle of my back ..he asked if i still had my gallbladder and i said yes ...now they want to run test UPPER GI AND XRAYS... IT COULD BE GALLBLADDER..
mom2kings
on 12/7/11 2:37 am
I actually had by gallbladder removed at the same time I had my RNY surgery.
Carla M.
on 12/7/11 3:44 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Could be a UTI. Left flank pain is very common with UTI's. Sometimes, it could be the only symptom. Might want to see your PCP and have it checked out.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics