Do people tend to have more of an upset stomach after EGD?

Loveshinesthru
on 12/8/11 2:09 pm - Mesa, AZ
 Since Having the EGD yesterday for stricture, every thing I eat seems to upset my stomach. Is this normal?  Im gonna try to drink my nectar to get some more protein in.  All my tummys doing is grumbling and saying whats going on?  uggh. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

poet_kelly
on 12/8/11 2:11 pm - OH
I'm not sure, but I know some surgeons recommend clear liquid or full liquids for a day or two after having a stricture dilated.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Loveshinesthru
on 12/8/11 2:21 pm - Mesa, AZ
 Mine recommended one day only. maybe I needed more.. Hope it gets better soon. I hate being nauseated. 

Kim H.
on 12/8/11 10:04 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Well, I wonder if your body is also reacting to actually having larger volumes of food since before you couldn't get that much in? It's almost like you're getting to know your pouch since before it could barely hold anything with a stricture. I bet in a few days you'll start feeling better. Until then, I would let your body be your guide and do whatever feels best. Go slowly and take care!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Loveshinesthru
on 12/9/11 4:59 am - Mesa, AZ
The sick feeling was almost immediate with the cheese. And I haven't eaten any more than I usually do. The hole was smaller but not sure how small, I had to chew my food to mush or it got stuck.

ElleBW
on 12/9/11 5:51 am - WA
I've been having a very "gurgly" stomach as of late as well. I see the doctor Monday for a check-up, but went back to liquids and shakes to give it a rest. I think it's part of our new plumbing reorientation! Hang in there!

Elle BW
Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.                                                                                        
                                                                                               Paulo Coelho    

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?