craving carbs!!!

jennifer M.
on 12/12/11 4:58 am - WV
I am craving rice!!!!  When were you all able to eat rice again?  I have had whole wheat pasta and my pouch did ok with it but I am afraid to try rice.  Help please.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 12/12/11 5:13 am
I tried rice at 3 months out and it got stuck, expanded and I thought I was gonna die. But being the go getter that I am I tried it again about a month later. Same result. Waited till 6 months-I love stir fry and have to have rice-it went down ok. Small amounts only! After 6 months it was fine, but it still takes very little to fill me up. The problem when we're early out is that it swells. Your new pouch may regret it. Wait a while or just have a few grains.
Jen 10 yrs post op
Sara L.
on 12/12/11 5:46 am
I had a little bit of rice last weekend, it wasn't white rice....it was a mix of wild rice, brown rice, lentils and beans.  I probably had two tablespoons total.

Quinoa can sometimes help with the rice craving.  I had some quinoa salad that was quite good.  I like potatoes so much more than I ever liked rice that I need help with my potato craving...talk about a trigger food!  No potatoes for me.  

If you try white rice, go slowly!!!!

Sara in Maui, where everyone but me eats two scoop rice with most meals....even breakfast!!

Lisa R.
on 12/12/11 7:47 am - CA
 I have eaten brown rice 2x's and regretted it both times. Rice expands.  That hurts.  I would avoid it this early out.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
dori M.
on 12/12/11 11:59 am - MD
I had a sushi roll (outside has rice on it) I didn't have any problems with it. I make rice a few times a week at home for the kids and I haven't touched it because it has no nutritional value and I try to stick to protein & veggies.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 298 views