Has anyone had a STENT placement so that a leak could heal??

ladylaulu
on 12/12/11 12:34 pm
I had one placed in my pouch so that a small leak could heal.. I hate it.. It scares me.. I had my surgery on the 3rd of Nov and this was placed in towards the end of Nov. and needs to stay in for 6-8 weeks.. My stomach hurts and all I drink in Ensure and vitiamin water.. Please share your experience.. This has made me severally depressed.

LadyLaulu
Revision from RNY 11/03/2011

magicK43
on 12/12/11 12:40 pm - Meridian, ID
I had my surgery on November 14 and STILL have a leak that smells terrible and funky brown liquid comes out of needing bandaging and packing x2 a day.I had it cultured and it isn't MRSA but makes me depressed and feel weak.  I can't really imagine a STENT in my pouch but I didn't imagine leaks either.  The really troublesome one is the one on the same said as my heart and up nearer to my breast.  I had another one over my belly button that leaked clear liquid and has since healed.  My MD doesn't seem concerned.....I am.
magicK43
on 12/12/11 12:42 pm - Meridian, ID
I probably shouldn't have said my MD wasn't concerned.  He seems to think that it will heal on its own....with bandaging and packing x2 a day.  My next appointment is in January.
ladylaulu
on 12/12/11 12:48 pm
when my drain was placed i was able to see what ever i ate or drank come out in the drain..not good.

LadyLaulu
Revision from RNY 11/03/2011

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?