Question about Celebrate multivitamin capsules

Kristi D.
on 12/12/11 9:21 am - Buffalo, NY
So, I have not been taking my multivitamin like I should becasue I find the regular ones difficult to swallow because they are so big and I hate the taste of all the chewables I have tried.  So I ordered the Celebrate multivitamin capsules to try, since they are easier to swallow.  They list a serving size of 3 capsules and each serving has 200% of most vitamins listed.  So, my question is do I need to  break up the serving throughout the day?  I have read that you are generally not supposed to take two regular multivitamins together, but should should take one twice a day.  So, should I take 1 capsule 3x a day or 2 together and one later on?  Or is it okay to take all three at once? 

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/12/11 9:32 am - OH
I have not seen any medical research or medical journal publications that indicate that there is any reason to split up multivitamin doses... just comments from people here based on what their nutritionist or surgeon said.  Based on this, I have been taking mine together for the last 4 years....

If anyone can point to any solid medical research that indicates that the multivitamin doses should be split up, I would be interested in seeing it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 12/12/11 10:28 am - OH
I have not seen any research.  I just split mine up because it seems possible if not likely to me that we can only absorb so much of certain vitamins and minerals at a time, like with calcium.  I've never seen any studies on how much selenium or vitamin K we can absorb at once, I just figure it's safer to take them at different times.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

april89love
on 12/12/11 10:00 am - NC
I take the celebrate vitamin capsules also and I take them all at one time. Just remember that they do not have iron in them, so you will probably need an iron tab.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

poet_kelly
on 12/12/11 10:26 am - OH
You could probably do two at a time if you want.  Not all three together, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kristi D.
on 12/13/11 4:51 am - Buffalo, NY
Thanks everyone for your input.  I guess I will take two in the morning and one in the afternoon.  I do take a seperate iron supplement at bedtime, so I am all set there.

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 267 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?