After Surgery question

Ding-E-Girl
on 12/16/11 2:10 am - MS
      Well,  my surgery Tuesday with Dr Clark Warden went well !!    The main problems Im having are GAS PAINS !!!!   OUCH OUCH OUCH !!!     I can feel the gas finallly starting to roll around in my belly now.   My question is ,   how long did it take you all to take a poop after you had your surgery ?   I havent took one since Monday ,   thats 5 days.   Is there anything I should take or do to make myselt go ???     I would sure appreciate any help
undergoingchange
on 12/16/11 2:50 am
My surgeon recommends Miralax mixed in water twice a day until you have a BM then once per day unless things get too "efficient".
BWB
on 12/16/11 2:57 am
 I think it took about a week from the day of surgery.  Oh yes, the gas the belches...the whole 9 yards was horrible.  I didn't go to church for a few weeks.

Pholaris
on 12/16/11 3:55 am
Miralax helped me too. Also walking and back rubs while sitting down. Pepper Mint Tea (Decaf) was also good) Gas X did nothing. Hope this passes soon for you, and congratulations!!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Paul C.
on 12/16/11 4:16 am - Cumming, GA
was probably a good week before I droped a duece and I wouldn't even really consider it a duece LOL.  if your not taking much in you won't have much going out.

Also a key to remember and save you from having to build up the courage to ask in Future

Liquid In = Liquid Out as a general rule so yes they will be soft to liquid until you start getting more solids in your diet.

When you are cleared in future to relatively more normal foods and some high fiber veggies, as a high protein diet will make your private life difficult to say the least.

since I normalized my diet to include fruits and veggies I have not had a need for miralax or anything like that.  When I go back to a liquid based diet as I do after a big race or injury then I'll have some issues but solve it easily with fiberous fruits and veggies.

For the most part Healthy people don't require poop aids so with a healthy diet you really shouldn't need them.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
taylorwayzz
on 12/16/11 7:08 am - MI
i used milk of magnesia, docs said it was safe to use. It always helped to move things along.
 Lynnette                 
AMP74
on 12/16/11 1:50 pm
The gas pains are no joke! I just had my surgery on 12/6, so can fully relate to how you're feeling. The best thing you can do is to walk, walk, walk! It will get the gas moving along and will also help your body to naturally reabsorb it as well. Don't hold back! Just let the gas fly!

I had my surgery on a Tuesday and had a BM by that Friday. It was liquidy and foul, but I was just so happy that things were finally moving along. I took Miralax once since I had been taking liquid Lortab for pain, which can be very constipating. I had results within a couple of hours, but it was diarrhea, so figured I didn't really need it. (My surgeon suggested taking the Miralax once a day while on the Lortab.) Since then, things seem to be regulating themselves a bit better now that I'm taking in pureed foods, but I wouldn't say that I'm quite regular as of yet. Obviously, I'm still healing with not even being 2 weeks out as of yet.

It will get better! Hang in there!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views