Some things to look forward to

Jessica A.
on 12/16/11 10:45 pm - Auburn, AL
Last week was my birthday and next month i'm coming up on my one year surgiversary.  I got to thinking about how much my life has changed in the past year and how much better I feel.  It has been an amazing eleven months so far!  I just got back from an amazing trip to Germany, France and Portugal.  For the first time on a trip, I had no body aches, no headaches.  I fit in the airplane seats comfortably, I didn't have to turn sideways to get down the aisles.  I walked an average of four to six hours each day without getting tired.  I climbed a 40 story spiral staircase.  I didn't have one self-conscious thought and got to truly enjoy myself.  For me, this surgery was absolutely the best decision I could have ever made.  To those of you just starting the journey, I just want to say that anything is possible.  Stay positive and good things can happen!  

Me at the beach (Atlantic Ocean) at Figuera Da Foz, Portugal

Libby0218
on 12/16/11 11:15 pm - TX
This is so inspirational! WOW! And you look fantastic! GREAT work!
BWB
on 12/16/11 11:18 pm
That is fantastic! Your picture is inspiring and thanks for posting. You have achieved exactly what I want. I told my kids that I want to take everyone on a trip to France and Italy and my son said, " I'm not going if you can't walk". That has been stuck in my mind ever since and the kick I needed to get help and eventually RNY. Keep up the good work.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics