Holiday craziness. post op

Cherylkas
on 12/16/11 11:26 pm - PA
 This is my first Christmas as a post op. And I have to say it has been a pretty rocking one. Usually I dread the hiking to the toy stores and the malls. It just used to take way to much out of me to do it all. 

Now I breeze thru the stores with a smile on my face and do what I gotta do. We had a holiday party and I got all dressed up and wore heels! felt fine and looked it to at least I think. 

I am a tad worried about how the actual day is going to go as I am the one that is cooking dinner but I know I can do this as I have faith in me! But only time will tell right. 

So all you post ops what has changed for you this yr from last? Pre ops what are you looking forward to after surgery.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Day_dream_believer
on 12/17/11 12:08 am
Can you come do my shopping for me.  I have been totally stressed trying to get everything done.   

I am loving the extra energy, but everytime I go into a clothing store to buy a gift for someone else I end up buying clothes for me. 

missjann
on 12/17/11 2:42 am
This is my first celebrated, real Christmas post-op. I had my surgery 12/21 last
year and came home on the 23rd. I also signed on a little house I bought on
the day before surgery so came home to a new place full of boxes.  Hahaha!
Needless to say, there was no tree or lights or anything last year. Had a couple
of family members over and managed to whip up ham dinner for everybody.
This year, I'm loving everything!  I've got all the Christmas splendor up and
will do a fancier version of that ham dinner. I love this time of year so I'm
relaxed, happy, feeling good, 83 pounds thinner and can do anything I want.
I have boundless energy and a closet full of clothes in a size I used to
dream about.  Life just doesn't get any better.
    Jan

nfarris79
on 12/17/11 7:55 am - Germantown, MD
 Last year, I was pre-op and Christmas was at my in-laws. I was happy to be there, happy to have quit a stressful job and was looking forward to dedicating myself to my private practice. BUT very UNHAPPY about getting gifts of clothes that I didn't fit into (ended up regifting them and regret that now - I'd probably be swimming in them now!) and weighed 240lbs. No cookies last christmas either, as I was doing my preop diet.
This year is Christmas at my mother's (ugh), and I'm much happier about how I look & feel, much more at peace with what I can/can't eat, and don't miss the cookies as much. However, flat broke so that makes Christmas feel a little less merry......New Year's resolution to get my finances in order!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 239 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?