Armageddon

Evelyn3131
on 12/20/11 9:28 pm - Burlington, NC
Have any of you all experienced this feeling near the end of your honeymoon phase?  I know we can lose up to 2 years, but can some of you share your experiences at this point in your journey?  I am so apprehensive and I truly hate this feeling.  I could sincerely use your stories as motivation at this point.

Thanks in Advance,

Evelyn

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
jstigall
on 12/20/11 9:36 pm - Hilliard, OH
Yes i understand I am at exactly the same place you are I had surgery on june 8th 2011 and I have lost 85 lbs and now I have stopped for the last moth and 1/2 I haven't lost anything I am 30 to40 lbs from where I want to be and where I need to be and it just isn't happening I am scared I will gainm it all back or that I have stopped lossing for good I sure hope not. But I understand your feelings

littleskie
on 12/20/11 9:44 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
If you are eating low carb and getting in all your protein and supplements it is possible to continue losing weight. I am more than two years out and still can lose weight.

There are a lot of people who had regain and they are still able to lose weight as well.

Do not think you are done. So long as there is breath left in you, then you can lose weight. It may be a little more difficult but it is possible.

Remember anything worth having is worth working hard for!!!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Evelyn3131
on 12/20/11 9:49 pm - Burlington, NC
Thank you both so much...  I am crying, but it is out of gratefulness to my OH family and their support...  to have someone going through the same phase as I at this point and someone who has handled the vissitudes of this journey is refreshing.  Again, thanks you guys!

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
jemof2
on 12/20/11 10:00 pm - Shreveport, LA
I am 3 years out and can lose weight if and when I choose to.  I posted about my 3 years here last week....maybe you  might see something in there that will make you smile.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4481643/3-amazing-year s-have-passed-since-my-RNY-my-post-is-long/
"There are two ways to live life:  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle."  Albert Einstein

jemof2
on 12/20/11 10:03 pm - Shreveport, LA
I will say that sometimes that "goal weight" is just a number in our head.  I thought I wanted to be 165...that's what my "goal" was...that's why my ticker still says I have 27 pounds to go.  However, I have gotten down to 179 and did not like how I looked/felt at that weight...I looked too skinny and my face was too gaunt.....I'm at 186 now and I think I could maybe do 180 but no more...I love where I am now and with diligence I can maintain without much effort.  Here's wishing you continued success!!
"There are two ways to live life:  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle."  Albert Einstein

Evelyn3131
on 12/20/11 10:19 pm - Burlington, NC
Jem.... thanks so much, I read your post and it is truly motivational and calming.  Your contentment and happiness was felt as I read your story.  Thanks for sharing!

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
poet_kelly
on 12/20/11 10:13 pm - OH
I lost for 18 months, at which point I had to make an effort to increase my calories because I was 18 pounds below goal and did not want to lose anymore.  I'm sure if I had not reached goal by 18 months I would have felt a little anxious.  I'm not sure how far out you are, but many people seem to think there is this magic window of time in which they must lose all their excess weight and feel like that window is just going to slam shut all of a sudden one day.  It doesn't work like that.  Weight loss gradually slows down but you'll keep losing as long as you consume fewer calories than you burn and you can lose up to two years or beyond that as long as you eat fewer calories than you burn.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Evelyn3131
on 12/20/11 10:21 pm - Burlington, NC
Thanks Kelly.  I am laughing at the magic window that slams shut, because you described my feelings better than I could. 

By the way, I will be 6 months on December 30..... 

Evelyn

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
gbsinsatx
on 12/20/11 11:01 pm, edited 12/20/11 11:02 pm - San Antonio, TX
Poet_Kelly...A voice of clarity and reason! That is why I always appreciate your posts!

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 135 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics