Going back to protein shakes...

newtintn
on 12/25/11 3:48 am - TN
 Ive not been doing them for at least 3 mo or so...but im eating like crap and after chrismas getting back on the wagon starting with protein protein protein. I want to do shakes again as much as it KILLS my pocket book ugh. Has anyone tried this one? It has 60 grams of protein per serving and a serving is 3 scoop...280 cals....i love Jay Robb but its only like 23 grms...

http://tracker.dailyburn.com/nutrition/gnc_amplified_wheybol ic_extreme_60_calories 

Liz J.
on 12/25/11 4:32 am - Woonsocket, RI
Have you tried Body Fortress from Walmart? 33 grams of protein for 1 scoop and $15 for 2 lbs. Its my favorite. Regardless of price.
hlacy
on 12/25/11 4:39 am - Chandler, AZ
This has 20g per scoop compared to Jay Robb's 23g per scoop. I did not break it down, but seems to me 3 to 1 scoop might still be more in the long run pricewise. Jay Robb really is the best quality wise. I know this one is on sale at GNC today, though. I'd break it down price per scoop and go with what works best for you nutritionally and moneywise. Good luck!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/25/11 5:57 am - Baltimore, MD
May I ask why you don't just come up with a protein forward meal plan? There is plenty you can eat that will keep you on top of your protein without the supplements.

The very same will that can drive you to drink shakes all day can be channeled into eating fish and chicken breast and cottage cheese and yogurt.Just wondering the rationale.
redrider
on 12/25/11 6:52 am
Cleo is right. Besides, liquids move through your pouch quickly and you'll be wanting something else to "eat" soon. Now, if you were running behind on calories for the day, and needed something protein dense, then yes, a shake might be a food way to "catch up" that day.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?