TOMORROWS THE BIG DAY

Roslyn H.
on 12/27/11 7:02 am - DALLAS, TX
 OK SO IVE BEEN ON A CLEAR DIET FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND IT DID NOT GO SO WELL EVERYTHING I HAVE THATS SUGAR FREE IS SWEET AS HELL THE PROTEINS IVE HAD COME OFF SWEET ALSO. IM TAKING ANY ADVICE CAUSE I NO PROTIEN IS A MUST SO CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHT WORKED FOR YOU. AND YES I KNOW EVERYONE IS NOT THE SAME, JUST NEED TO BE ON POINT SO I CAN HAVE A WONDERFUL OUT COME.  THANKS IN ADVANCE 
BWB
on 12/27/11 7:26 am
 Isopure was offered on my hospital menu and it doesn't seem sweet at all.  Give it a try and maybe you will meet others there that have other options to offer.

Roslyn H.
on 12/27/11 7:32 am - DALLAS, TX
 THANK YOU BWB 
riverlady63
on 12/27/11 7:30 am
I drank Sobe zero water it comes in many flavors.  Good luck tomorow I'm sure you will do great.  I just had my surgery on 12/14/11

Holly
Roslyn H.
on 12/27/11 7:35 am - DALLAS, TX
 THANK YOU MS. HOLLY THAT WAS GOING TO BE MY NEXT QUESTION SO WITH THE SOBE ZERO WATER YOUR GETTING YOUR PROTEIN IN. SO HOW ARE YOU DOING ON YOUR JOURNEY 
riverlady63
on 12/27/11 7:52 am
I am doing pretty good.  I am two weeks out and tomorrow I go in for my two week appt. with my doctor and dietitian.  I also get to start soft foods tomorrow and am very excited about that.  I have lost about 10 lbs since surgery and about 47 lbs total. 
Elvis1
on 12/27/11 11:11 am
I am a week post op and I have trouble with the liq. diet and the shakes from costco are about all I can tolerate. I like crystal light if its cold. Can you tell me if eating popscicles are okay and when I get on soft foods will cottage cheese and hummus be included?
elvis 1
boilerbabe003
on 12/27/11 8:28 am
I am not a big fan of protein drinks, but I did manage to find one that I can manage to get down.  Once you are home try a Gladiator smoothie from Smoothy King.  You can look it up on their website but if I remember correctly the 20 oz drink has only 183 calories and something like 43 or 45 grams of protein.  You pick your fruit flavor and I like the strawberry lemon.  When I got home I started walking the mall (August is Texas is too hot to walk outside) and they had a Smoothie King in the mall so it was nice to be able to get one.

Good luck to you!!! I'm sure you will do great.
Nana1953
on 12/27/11 8:38 am
RNY on 01/10/12
hi boilerbabe...excuse me for being nosey, but today i was doing my pre-op at the hospital i am having my rny at and they had my dr listed as dr ferrari...my surgeon is dr robert davis so they made the correction---no big deal....however, i was wondering if dr ferrari in houston is your surgeon and did you use herman-memorial west in houston???  i understand if you dont want to put your business out here...i am just checking for an opinion on hospital stays...thanks a bunch and continued success!!!!
boilerbabe003
on 12/27/11 11:14 am
Hi Nana.  Yes, he is my surgeon and that is the hospital where I had my surgery. Dr Ferrari did my surgery in August of this year and my husband's in November of last year so over the past year I have spent a lot of time at the hospital.  I have to say that everyone there was extremely nice and very helpful. Rest assured that you are going to be in very good hands.

Have you received the information about the support group yet?  I originally got it from Dr Ferrari's office, but also from the dietician at the hospital and from the nurses.  We meet the first Wednesday of every month and I have to say that they are a fabulous group of people!! Very supportive and have wonderful information to share. I hope that you will be able to join us soon. When is your surgery?

Best of luck to you!!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views