Discrepency With Surgeon's Eating Plan

Jenners
on 12/28/11 9:05 pm - Indianapolis, IN
So my surgeon's eating plan consists of eating 3 times a day with protein shakes and water in between.  Well, I am 6 months out and I'm still finding that drinking my protein shake in the morning and then eating anything as little as yogurt still makes me extremely full.  So I've just been drinking a protein shake in the morning and one in the afternoon, and eating lunch and dinner.  Is there anything really wrong with doing that?  Is there a way to make a good argument against my dietician when I see her again in January?  Just need some advice.  I don't like going against my surgeon, but at the same time, I don't like feeling so full in the morning,. 
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
_Donna_
on 12/28/11 9:09 pm
So long as you are getting your total protein for the day, it doesnt matter, in my opinion

RNY 5-5-2011

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/28/11 9:11 pm - Baltimore, MD
I agree with Donna. At four years out I can't follow a shake with a meal. I do take license, to make my shakes meal-worthy though. My morning shake is about 300 calories/43g protein. So it doesn't prevent me from hitting my protein numbers and since it leaves me full for a long time anyway it's a win/win.
MultiMom
on 12/28/11 9:55 pm - NH
 I haven't eaten breakfast in over 40 years! I just don't like to eat in the morning and never have. I do however have a protein drink in the morning and then jus****er until lunch. My nut has been happy with my intake as a whole.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

poet_kelly
on 12/28/11 11:56 pm - OH
If you are getting enough protein and calories and feel satisfied, what you are doing is fine.  As you get further out, you may find it no longer works so well for you, but if it's working for now, it's fine.  You don't need an argument against your dietician, you just need to say "This is what works best for me for now."

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

shellbell75
on 12/29/11 12:59 am
I am only 6 months out but was very honest with my nut about my "eating" habits. I explained to her with 3 children 4 and under I simply can not sit down and focus on my meals in the am and @ lunch. I also have therapists coming to my house for my twins. My am's are very busy. Last time I tried to get all the kids ready, drop my 4 y/o off @ preschool and eat before the therapist came I got food stuck and got the foamies. It's what works for me right now. That's not to say in 3 months I won't be eating BF or lunch. As long as you are getting your protein in I think you are good. You have to do what works for you.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Infogal
on 12/29/11 1:38 am
I'm almost 5 months out and I also can't tolerate a meal for breakfast, I tried for a while to eat but it always made me nauseous then it sat in my pouch like lead! I learned the hard way that my pouch only likes warm liquids until lunch. Now I always start my day with a 1/2 caff protein coffee, my pouch is alot happier now
Infogal            
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views