A year out!

Jessica A.
on 1/1/12 10:14 am - Auburn, AL
 I have felt bad about not checking in weekly with you guys but I am living life to the fullest and finding I don't get on the computer much these days.  I had a WONDERFUL trip to Europe.  I got to go to Germany, France and Portugal.  Some things I noticed as the new me:  Fit in airplane seat comfortably, did not have to turn sideways to get down the aisle in the airplanes, I walked 6-8 hours a day every day on my trip and didn't get tired, I was not self-conscious so I got to truly enjoy myself, and I climbed a 40-story spiral staircase - I was a bit winded but I would have never been able to accomplish that before.  For the first time on a trip, I didn't have one headache.  I can't believe how much things have changed for me.  Looking back when I first had the surgery, those first few months were rough and it seemed like I wasn't going to figure out how to get all my protein in and drink my fluids and stay active.  Now it's all a distant memory and now my fridge is always stocked with things that are not only good for me but my kids too.  They have really acclimated to my new eating lifestyle and enjoy most of the things that I eat now.  I can wrestle with my boys and we get out and do things now instead of sitting on the couch and watching t.v. as our entertainment.  I am a much more happier and confident person.  I have a new boyfriend and things are going pretty great.  I absolutely know I made the right choice getting this surgery and would do it all over again in a heartbeat!  It was the best thing in my life that I could have ever done for myself.  I love me know!  Thanks for all the support you all have given me over the past year and I want to wish you all the best in this new year and beyond!   

Tessie W.
on 1/1/12 11:08 am
awesome!!!

Jessica A.
on 1/2/12 5:24 am - Auburn, AL
 Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 1:12 pm
Congratulations!  You look marvelous!
Jessica A.
on 1/2/12 5:25 am - Auburn, AL
 Thank you!

dasie
on 1/1/12 6:40 pm
Congratulations.  That is a great photo...beautiful.  It sounds like you did have a great time in Europe. 

Jessica A.
on 1/2/12 5:26 am - Auburn, AL
 Thanks so much!  I am planning on it not being a once in a lifetime trip.  I hope to go back in the near future.

maimeem71
on 1/1/12 11:47 pm - ID
Thanks for sharing you look great. I am in my first month and am having a hard time with my choice so you sharing gives me hope it will get better plus I would like my jeans to look good on me to.
For My Roses Forever and Always

Jessica A.
on 1/2/12 5:27 am - Auburn, AL
 You are welcome.  Everyone has a lot of emotions, especially in the first month.  It will pass sooner than you know.  Just do what your supposed to do and you will do great!  

rhondanewme
on 1/2/12 1:34 am - Grantsboro, NC
Congratulations on your success. You look beautiful and & it sounds like you are enjoying every moment.
  HW- 297      SW- 280      GW- 178       LW-  184      CW- 190

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...

WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 339 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 111 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views