Cranberry juice question

dlo2
on 1/2/12 12:05 am - Brandenburg, KY
  I have started adding I cup of cranberry juice to 64 oz of water and drink this during the day.  Since surgery I hate plain water.  The cup of juice is 120 calories and 30 grams of sugar.  But remember this is spread throughout day.  I haven't looked into sugar free cranberry juice I am not sure if they have that.  I am doing this in an attempt to get in my water.  But I also want to watch my carbs and sugar intake.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I have been drinking G2 which I like but is a very expensive alternative and is not calorie free.  I am trying to start the new year off right with fluids and protein.  I am 27 months out from surgery and am up 10 lbs from my lowest weight and I don't want it to go up anymore.  Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.  Happy new year to you all
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/2/12 12:19 am - OH
There IS "light" cranberry juice, which is less sugar and calories (but as a fruit juice, of course, it will naturally contain a certain amount of natural sugar, so there is no sugar free version and it will always contain the fruit carbs). I also struggle with plain water unless it is ice cold and I am hot, so I personally like the Propel powder packets (cheaper than the bottled).  Lots of people use  Crystal Light and the other various water additives, but I find that most of them have an odd aftertaste (which I don't notice with the Propel).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

dlo2
on 1/2/12 1:22 am - Brandenburg, KY
 I will try the propel powder but I didn't have much luck with the powdered Gatorade.   Crystal light doesn't agree with my pouch on most days
grmadeb01
on 1/2/12 1:14 am - FL
i use fresh squeezed lemonade with stevia, or truiva, and a little splenda....i can drink that down pretty quick..i have been adding some of the calyspo lemonade to add a flavor to my lemonade...now i just add a little to my glass of lemonade, a bottle may take me a week or more to drink...i did find some crystal light natural powder that is made with stevia...i am very sensitive to asparteme(give me major migrines) and other sugar acohols....so i just dont do the sugar free stuff...as they all have some type of things that do not agree with me....i drink my water ice cold and same with my lemonade..i just get a large bag from sams, juice it all up and put a cup of lemons juice in a ziplock bag, then freeze it, take it out when i am ready to make a jug of lemonade...
have a great day
debby
dlo2
on 1/2/12 1:20 am - Brandenburg, KY
 Thanks for your replies   I have tried the powdered Gatorade  but I don't care much for it.  Crystal light doesn't agree with my pouch.  I think I will try the light cranberry juice and see how that works.  it has been 27 months and I still haven't figured it all out.  
dancerwife
on 1/2/12 1:21 am
Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice!!!  I can't live without it.  Low calorie, made with Splenda.  Also comes in a variety of flavors.

3/24/10 - 297 lbs the day of surgery    
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 1:54 pm
I totally agree... I live on that Diet Cranberry juice!  I can drink it so much quicker than water... it's refreshing and the stats are manageable.  Check it out... seems it sells out quickly, though.  I like just the plain ol' Diet Cranberry, not any of the funky blends (most are too sweet... and I can't get my head around drinking OceanSpray Diet Blueberry juice!) and there have been multiple times where there is not a single bottle on the shelf while all the other varieties are fully stocked.  

I guess that means that lots of people like it... so that's a good recommendation for you!  Good luck...

tori
Erin M.
on 1/2/12 2:29 am - VA
 Ocean spray diet cranberry grape is fantastic and it is only 5 calories per cup with 2g of sugar. It tastes awesome!
HW 325
SW 310
GW 175

So ready to start my new life !!!!

Infogal
on 1/2/12 6:43 am
My pouch doesn't tolerate plain water either so I use MI0, True Lemon or True Orange. Makes it way easier to get my fluids in. There's also single serve packets of Propel Zero, not my favorites but they're alright when I'm out of my regulars. Good luck finding something you like....just keep trying dfferent things.
Infogal            
unewillow
on 1/2/12 7:13 am - CT
Ocean Spray makes CL like packets to add to bottles of water. They are sugar free and they have cran/grape, cran/apple, cran/rasp and bunches of others. Might help satisfy that flavor need without the added sugar.

They do make NSA cranberry juice too though (I used it to make cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving).

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404