Bariatirc Advantage Chews Calories

Sunbunnyqt
on 1/9/12 3:30 am - FL
I haven't been calculating in the calories from my multi calcium and iron chews from BA. It is 100 calories a day.

I really like them because they don't upset my stomach and I've had problems with vitamins upsetting my stomach all my life.

The problem is that I haven't been counting those calories in my total calorie intake. I just never really looked at the calorie information before this week.

What a shock but at least I know to count these calories in the future.

poet_kelly
on 1/9/12 4:07 am - OH
I have problems with some vitamins upsetting my stomach, too.  I think the calories are worth it if that's the only vitamins that don't make you nauseous.

But have you tried Upcal D for calcium?  It's a powder and it's tasteless and has only 9 calories.  I use the chews sometimes because they are yummy and encourage me to take my calcium.  But I like Upcal D too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 4:52 am - Boston, MA
 It is a shock isn't it?  I do not count my vitamin calories in my total food intake.. meaning if I'm allowed to eat 1200 caloires I eat that plus my vitamins.. seems to be working fine for me!
dawnie55
on 1/9/12 5:57 am - Garden Grove, CA
i have not been counting my vitamins as  CALORIES ....im just starting to count calories as of today ....now  i can have soft to regular food......im not going to count them....been doing ok so far..never heard of that b 4
Sunbunnyqt
on 1/9/12 7:26 am - FL
Kelly, I will have to try the Upcal D for calcium. I know people think I'm nuts for worrying about this but right now I am trying to lose the most I can in the 1st six months. I've been lagging behind a lot of people on this site as far as weight loss so I'm looking at everything.

Failure is not an option!!
poet_kelly
on 1/9/12 7:46 am - OH
I don't think you're nuts.  If your vitamins only added up to, say, 12 calories a day, I would say don't worry about it.  But 100 calories a day is enough that I think it makes sense to count it.  I don't know why some people think those calories don't count.  It's not like your body goes, Oh, calories from vitamins, let's not absorb those.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 249 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics