Need Support

cajuntjm
on 1/8/12 10:09 am - Greensboro, NC
Just needing someone to tell me I can still do this.  I've been at a stall for quite some time and I just need some support.

I've not done a good job journaling and pre-planning my meals but am committed to doing that now to ensure I get the correct amount of protein in my diet.

Feeling a bit helpless.

poet_kelly
on 1/8/12 10:12 am - OH
You're definitely not helpless.  I know that feeling, but you're not.  Do you know how to journal your food?  To calculate your protein grams?  To plan meals?  I'm sure those sounds like really simple things to many people, but until not that long ago, I really didn't have a good understanding of how to do meal planning.  So if you need help figuring out how to do any of those things, ask for help.

Stalls happen.  They stink, but they are a normal part of the process.  But you can still do this.  Your tool still works.  I can promise that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aseg21
on 1/8/12 10:14 am - Miami, FL
You can do this! If I could copy and paste my posts here from the past you could see how many stalls I had and how many times I wondered WTH was going on with me that I wasn't losing. The weight loss started again, it's just keep working your plan, start tracking and give it some time. Stalls are a normal part of the process. You can do this, just keep following your plan - it will happen!

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

ToBeAble
on 1/8/12 10:19 am
Hi cajuntjm,

I see you're a fellow "Dukie"! Hang in there, and just keep following the plan -- eventually the weight will start coming off again. You're not done by a long shot!  In the meantime, you may want to periodically try on different clothes, because sometimes even though the scale is stalled, you're still losing inches, and that can help keep you motivated.

I see you're over in Greensboro, so I'm not sure if this is too far for you, but FYI a bunch of us "Duke WLS alumni" have formed an informal support group (the Shrinking Devils) to help each other along in this journey. We meet the second Tuesday of each month in Durham, so we'll be meeting THIS Tuesday, January 10th, at Foster's Market in Durham from 6 to 7:30 or 8pm. If you'd like to join us and connect with folks going through a similar experience, we'd love to meet you!

In the meantime, just keep going -- you're heading in the right direction!!

Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

cajuntjm
on 1/8/12 10:54 am - Greensboro, NC
Thanks everyone!  I really appreciate your kind words.  I have gone from a size 26 to a size 14 which has been a great NSV but I'll be so glad to see the scale move in the right direction.

Laura, I work in RTP a couple times a week and there are a couple of my co-workers who are also fellow Duke WLS graduates, we may drop in one one of your meetings soon.

ToBeAble
on 1/8/12 11:26 am
Cool! If you'd like me to add you to our email list, send me a private OH message with your email and I'll do so! I probably won't send out another reminder before this Tuesday, so if you want to, look up Foster's Market in Durham!

L

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

mym22988
on 1/18/12 6:02 am - NC
Hey , I live by RTP . Maybe we can work out together sometimes and hit a meeting. Ic ould use some motivation and support too. i have been stalled too.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics