Nervous, Excited, Scared, Happy...Surgery Tomorrow

Darlene M.
on 1/10/12 12:29 am
I am going in tomorrow for my Roux-en-Y.....I have run the entire gamut of emotions so far... and they seem to be coming around again.  I am so excited that I am finally going to be moving forward with this part of my journey, but I am also worried that something will go wrong.... In just the past week I have had several people cringe and say "Are you SURE you want to do this?  I didn't know you couldn't reverse it!"  I just smile and say "Yes, I am going to do this" but then I get the stomach flutters again.  I guess it is probably normal to have the day before the surgery jitters, and I am determined to do this and get on with my life.... I guess I was just needing to get this off of my chest........ those of y'all who believe in the power of prayer, I would appreciate it if you would pray for me!

Y'all wish me luck!
Keeves
on 1/10/12 1:07 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Good luck!

Darlene M.
on 1/10/12 1:58 am
Thank you!
talula216
on 1/10/12 1:19 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12

Good luck I know how you feel  My surgery is monday.  I am trying to focus on all the things I will be able to do wth my daughter and husband. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

BoomerSooner1
on 1/10/12 1:36 am
 I think most of can relate to these pre-op feelings. I felt many of these same emotions. 

Make no mistake, it's going to be a challenge. There will be some pain. There will be some struggle to re-adjust - but in the end you will come out the other side a better person. A person who has taken control of their life. Many people never get that chance.
 Don't ask me how we lost to Baylor.  I can't figure it Out either!            
Darlene M.
on 1/10/12 2:04 am
Thank you!  I have been preparing for this for a long time..... I know that I will have good days and bad days, but, God willing, the good days will be plentiful and the bad days sparse..... I am thankful for the sage advice from all of y'all who have been down this same road! 
Darlene M.
on 1/10/12 2:01 am
Thank you!  That is exactly what I am trying to do......my daughter is 8 and a firecracker..... She and her Daddy are way active, and I used to be, too, once upon a time... I know my husband and daughter both will be happy to have me playing a more active role in our lives!  Good luck to you, too.....and I will keep you in my prayers!
Darlene M.
on 1/10/12 2:06 am
Ooops, I replied to you, talula216, but I guess it was in the wrong place and it went further down the board.......
tlcrisp
on 1/10/12 1:26 am - PA
Good Luck
I know how you feel my surgery is on Thursday. I will pray for you.
Tami
Darlene M.
on 1/10/12 2:09 am
Thank you, Tami!  This is so exciting to have you and talula216 and I all having surgery within a week of each other.... We can vent to each other, share our ups and our downs (which will hopefully be few!)

Good luck on your surgery and I will be praying for you as well!
Recent Topics