Need SUPPORT/HELP/MOTIVATION in getting through a 6-week STALL!

shutterbugjunkie
on 1/10/12 7:27 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
Hi, all! I'm 11 months out and have been stalled for the past 6 weeks. From reading other posts in the archive files, it looks like this is fairly common. I've already lost 105 lbs, so I'm totally not complaining. (I only have 13 more pounds to go to get to my personal goal.) I'm very happy with my success so far! I had my bloodwork done last month and everything was good (except my B12 was a little high.)

I'm just looking for some encouragement/support/help/motivation to help me get through this LONG stall! Thank you!
  SW/258.5 Surgery Weight/249 CW/149.5 GW/140

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 1/10/12 7:40 am
Hooray you're having a stall!!! Terriffic!!! Your body is figuring out what to do next, your skin is getting a chance to shrink back and you're getting more time to relearn good eating habits. A win win for everybody. My longest stall was 3 months 3 weeks. (I hold the record in my support group), I had to look at it as a positive thing, 3 months out of my life when I had lost over 100 pounds was a small thing in the grand scheme of things, and my skin thanked me later by getting a chance to shrink back slowly while I was stalled. Hang in there, you're doing great. Think of what's going on you CAN'T see when  the scale isn't moving.

Jen 10 yrs post op RNY
boilerbabe003
on 1/10/12 7:59 am
105 pounds down is terrific and you should be very proud!!  We recently had a wonderful doctor come and speak to our support group and he said something that has really stuck with me. As we went around the room he heard a lot of people talking about their struggles with the last 5, 10 or 15 pounds and he sorta laughed and said "well, that makes you all normal.  Who in America is not struggling with those last few pounds?"  Don't know about you, but I'm really happy to only be noraml & struggling with those few pounds and not the extra 65 that I had just 5 months ago.

You are doing great!! Keep at it!!
codlover
on 1/10/12 9:08 am - Celina, OH
Get ready for another trip to the Goodwill store. You may find that you are still loosing inches if not pounds right now.
I was in the Goodwill in VW and would suggest Celina or best is Troy.

Enjoy the ride !!!!!!!!
Jim from Celina   328 Pounds...GONE !!!!!      
nfarris79
on 1/10/12 9:56 am - Germantown, MD
 Not just props on the weight loss but congrats on having good bloodwork!!!
Anything worth having is worth the effort, right?

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

shutterbugjunkie
on 1/10/12 10:02 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
Thanks, all!

@ Jen - I never thought of it that way about my skin having some extra time to shrink back slowly. Thank goodness I haven't had any issues with extra skin. Maybe this is why!

@ boilerbabe - Those words from your speaker are so true! Again, another AHA moment for me!

@ codlover - I've been to the Troy Goodwill. I really like that one & have gotten a lot of nice things from there! I LOVE the one in Celina! I go there about every other week---just because I actually LIKE to shop for clothes now! lol I haven't been to the one in VW yet. I'll have to check that one out some time.
shutterbugjunkie
on 1/10/12 10:03 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
EXACTLY - @ nfarris! I'll have to add that to my list of favorite sayings! Thanks!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 111 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?