tailbone pain

shutterbugjunkie
on 1/11/12 10:00 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
I'm 11 months out and the tailbone pain is becoming unbearable at times. I have to adjust positions frequently when sitting on the couch to watch TV or when sitting on a hard seat at a sporting event. It doesn't hurt too badly when I work in my home office during the day, though. I do have trouble with sit-ups and other exercises that put pressure on the tailbone. Just wondering if this pain will ever go away? I've heard of people using pillows or cushions when sitting for long periods of time. I've also heard of some people getting cortisone shots. Any insight on what works best to help alleviate the pain? Is this something I'm going to have to deal with forever?
  SW/258.5 Surgery Weight/249 CW/149.5 GW/140

Thumbelina
on 1/11/12 10:05 am - MI
 I got tail bone pain also.. I was taking a bath the other night and sat down and ouch did it hurt.. Also, when I go to bed I can't have my knees touching each other it hurts to much.. Thank god I have a huge bed and a nice husband who lets me have all the room I need on the bed plus he is a truck driver so most of the time I get the bed to myself...
Tri_harder
on 1/11/12 10:24 am
I broke my tailbone and I bought a donut cushion at Walgreens.  Tri
april89love
on 1/11/12 10:42 am - NC
I have been having alot of the same pain lately! I wish I knew what to do about it too!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Kahwren
on 1/11/12 11:02 am - MI
 I am experiencing tailbone pain too. I do all of the already mentioned things plus visit my chiropractor. I have injured mine 3 times in my life. Sometimes it moves around and feels like a dumdum sucker in the rear! !  I feel like it will heal in time but not soon enough. Kahwren

Zombie
on 1/11/12 11:55 am
The tailbone pain is normal. It will go away or will greatly diminish in time. Once in a while when I sit too long I get a dull ache there, but its not as bad as it was when I first had the surgery. I can only tell you from personal experience that it will go away on its own.

~Paul~

missjann
on 1/11/12 12:05 pm
Paul's right...it gets better. I had excruciating tailbone pain for a while,,,
could barely sit at my desk at work and if I had to fly for work...wow!
Sitting on a plane was awful.  I'm just over a year out and I realize that
it's gone. As Paul said, once in a while if I'm stuck at my desk all day
I notice my tailbone a bit, but I don't have pain any more.  I also could
not have my knees together in bed at night....that's gone too. No
more pain in the bones.  Hang in there!
    Jan

LilnAK
on 1/11/12 12:46 pm
I am 8 months out and have the same tailbone pain. It gets REALLY bad sometimes. It's comforting to know that it gets better. I find I have to shift a lot, especially when I'm at work where I'm at a desk all day. I have found that if I sit forward and with perfect posture, it takes the pressure off of it. I'm starting to do exercises that will build up my quad and glute muscles. I hope that if i build up the muscles, it will cushion the tailbone a little more. Hopefully the pain diminishes soon.
 Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly - Anonymous    
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 1:41 pm - CO
RNY on 01/23/12
Oh I have that problem also, although I do suffer from a horrible disease called noassatall. No-Ass-At-All

Kelly L.
on 1/11/12 2:53 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 What the heck is with the Tailbone pain?? I noticed it right after surgery and as my backside slowly goes away it just hurts more. Thats a weird side effect if you ask me lol! 

HW 274. CW 129

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 534 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 264 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views