Stricture problems...

Loveshinesthru
on 1/11/12 5:16 pm - Mesa, AZ
 So I will be going in next weds for my 6th EGD.  The dr said that if the next couple times I dont stay where they stretch me to that they will have to go in and do surgery to remove the scar tissue.!!!   Has anyone had any experience with this? I get keyloids easy, so I expected some scarring but not this! 

Also I had an EGD on the 7th, 14th, 21st of dec and the 4th and 11th of jan.   On the 14th and 4th I mustve contracted strep  from the EGD procedure as both mondays after the procedures I started having symptoms of strep. I am going to call them tomorrow and let them know, as I dont want to get another bout of strep again since I have to get another EGD. But thats kinda scary that someone must not be cleaning the equipment very well.  I dont go anywhere, I stay at home and no one else is sick, So it must be coming from there, plus the symptoms show up on mondays after my weds scopes. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

sknd34
on 1/11/12 9:42 pm - West Fargo, ND
I am six weeks out and just had my 3rd dilatation yesterday. We are hoping that we are done with them for a while, but my surgeon said not to be surprised if I need at least 2 more over the next 3 months or so.  He said part of my issue is because I was a revision case of a lapband converted to RNY, so the scar tissue and the area where the band was has a decreased blood flow so it takes longer to heal.
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
pumpkin77
on 1/11/12 10:31 pm - Durham, NC
 I had a stricture and they went in a dilated it on Tuesday it was my first one and I really hope that it doesn't happen again because the meds they used to put me to sleep didn't work and I was awake the whole time choking on the scope!
Loveshinesthru
on 1/12/12 8:34 am - Mesa, AZ
 So sorry that happened to you! The first EGD and colonoscopy I had back in march I woke up during the colonoscopy and it was painful! They used a different drug on me then as I had to have it done at the hospital. My surgeon has an office where he does EGD's and there they use propaphol (sp?).   The earliest I have woken up with that is when they are wheeling me into the recovery room. 

bubbylucy
on 1/11/12 10:54 pm - Raleigh, NC
I have posted quite a few times regaurding my stricture history. I had a total of 5 dialtions that was not truly corrected until they used a drug called knealog to soften the scar tissue prior to the last dilation. It was finnally cured for good. I personnaly do not think the surgery is a cure. You obviosly make to much scar tissu so cutting some more will only lead to more scar tissue. I am a nurse with alot of endoscopy experience. if you need to talk to a live human I am willing to give you my number. Just message me and I will respong.
I would definitly mention the drug kenalog to your gi doctor prior to the next dilation as a cure. Not proven but I am here to say it works

Audra

Loveshinesthru
on 1/12/12 8:21 am - Mesa, AZ
 how does that work? is it a pill or do they have to inject it or what? I really dont want surgery. 

bubbylucy
on 1/12/12 9:43 am - Raleigh, NC
It is an injection they can do while they are in your pouch with the scope during the EGD. It is simple addition to the EGD and dilation that works great to try and prevent surgery.

Good luck
Audra

Loveshinesthru
on 1/12/12 9:52 am - Mesa, AZ
 Thanks, I called earlier and left a message for my dr.  not sure how they inject during the egd though. 

bubbylucy
on 1/12/12 8:09 pm - Raleigh, NC
There is a special needle that goes through an opening in the top of the scope and can be injected from and injector left on the outside of the scope. The scope has two different ports at the top.

Audra

tulips52
on 1/11/12 11:04 pm
 Sorry to hear you are having such problems!!!!! I sure hope this next dilation is your LAST!!!!! Thanks for keeping us posted on your situation. We are here for you!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 273 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics