18 months, 155 pounds down, Fat2fitradio.com

plum21
on 1/13/12 10:24 pm - Miami, FL
Hi everybody!
A year and a half. Still no problems at all and loving life. I just this week started back running. I've always been walking a lot and had been swimming, but now it's cool enough that I can run about 3.5 miles. I've run 6 days in a row at 5:00am. Love the early morning schedule.

I still love my fitbit and measuring all my steps. Last year I walked/jogged 2500 miles!1 And I swam 107 miles. Every day adds up. Now I consistently get 20K steps per day or about 8 miles.

I'm good about taking my vitamins, getting in my protein and water. That's part of the bargain when we get that surgery. It's not optional nor negotiable. Naturally, I have some days when I don't make all the right choices, but I always get my vitamins, water, and protein in.

Rather frustratingly, I've been about the same weight since October. For one second I dipped down to 158 which was exciting as it was half my starting weight and I'm eager to get and stay in the 150s or even less, and of course I'm aware my window of opportunity is closing. I'm confident that with the good habits I've cultivated over the last 18 months, I'll get to those 150s and lower.

I'm starting to lurk on  the PS board. Don't know whether I'll do it or not, at any rate it's too soon to make those decisions.

I'm going to join the walking program at my work which will last for three months.

Lately I've been listening to Fat2Fitradio.com podcasts. the hosts are a little boring, and they don't like wls, but they DO offer good advice for losing fat and keeping fat off - eat like the person eats who is the size you want to be. I'm not sure how WLS has screwed up our metabolism, but I'm working on increasing my resting metabolic rate by doing resistance training.
Does anyone else listen to that podcast?

I'm very pleased to feel comfortable with myself.  I wear size 10 pants, large or medium tops. I fit well in my active life. I'm happier, more optimistic.

I find this forum community to be v. interesting. it's the only forum I've ever followed. What a huge mix of people on here. Some are amazingly helpful and I'm grateful for their input, calm assurances, funny responses.  I've learned enough over the last 18 months to comment on a few posts.

heatherambrosia
on 1/13/12 10:43 pm - GA
This is so inspirational to read. I'm about 6 months out and still stuggle to hit the vitamin, water, protein mix everyday. To get all three just right is not easy. It's great to see someone that has gotten it down to a science and is so close to her goals. Glad to hear that even if those last few pounds are lurking in front of you that you already have the active lifestyle most of us vow when we start this journey. Great job!!
afrog777
on 1/13/12 11:55 pm - Houston, TX
WTG!! I'm happy you are doing so well in your journey. I am really wanting to get a fitbit to help me track my running. I will check out that fat2fitradio. Good luck!!

nkara
on 1/13/12 11:56 pm
 Very inspirational and very exciting.  The best thing I take from your post is your healthy!   You are eating right and active and that is really what this whole journey is about.  Changing your lifestyle and keeping the new healthy way for the rest of your life.  I'm hoping to become a healthy and happy WLS success just like you.  

Congrats!
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

LolaB
on 1/14/12 12:10 am - NY
VSG on 01/23/13
You sound very happy and motivated, I love it! Congratulations on your success!

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views