Skin Issues beneath loose skin, help.

Mia H.
on 1/16/12 9:31 am - OH
  I have not had a problem with rashes and redness beneath loose skin until now. It's pretty sore and itches. I have been using resinol and powder to keep it dry. I have a dermatology appointment on the 3rd, but not sure I can wait that long. What do you guys do to help this out.

Ladytazz
on 1/16/12 9:33 am
I can't help you with treatment for the rash but I just wanted to remind you, as I am sure you already know, it make sure everything is documented for the insurance company so that when the time comes hopefully they will pay for skin removal.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Mia H.
on 1/16/12 9:37 am - OH
 That is what I definitely going to do.  I am only 7 mo's out so I have a long way to go before PS.

hlacy
on 1/16/12 9:36 am - Chandler, AZ
 I've not experienced this yet. However, it's very important that you and your doctors keep very detailed records, including dates and photos, of your flareups. This can help with insurance coverage and appeals for plastics in the future. Lora (****rogirl) may be a good one to speak to this, as she has had plastics and had posted about it in the past. 
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

poet_kelly
on 1/16/12 9:38 am - OH
Take pictures of it.  and make sure the dermatologist documents it thoroughly in your chart.  You may be able to get insurance to pay to remove the excess skin later on.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

LorileiRae
on 1/16/12 9:43 am - CO
It is a yeasty rash. The best over the counter solution is a ceam for vaginal yeast infections. Just wash area, dry well, and apply the ceap a couple of times a day. And make sure your Dr documents all the trouble you have with this type of ra**** may help you get insurance approval to have the excess skin removed at some point. I am a Nurse and have also had problems with this. The vaginal yeast cream works great. You should not have to go to a dermatologist for this problem as it is a common problem. Family Dr can prescribe a powder called Nystatin. When the rash clears up.  Keep the area clean and dry and use cornstartch to help keep it dry also.
Mia H.
on 1/16/12 9:49 am - OH
 Thank you.  I'll give it a try.  I was going to the dermatologist for other issues and thought I would ask him about it at the same time.   However, I don't know if I can go three weeks with this, so I think I will go to my PCP and ask them about that medicine. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/16/12 9:47 am - OH
The only thing that I found that REALLY helped (as opposed to just marginally) was the Nystatin powder my PCP prescribed.  Worked wonders.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Mia H.
on 1/16/12 9:50 am - OH
 Thanks Lora.  I am going to call the doctor and ask them about that. 

grmadeb01
on 1/16/12 10:22 am - FL
i had gotten this several times where it cracks and almost bleeds...i had gotten the cream from the dr, but i found that a benedryl lotion cream worked better than the RX cream from the dr...it does burn a little, sting kinda when you first put it on..but then i am usually to the point of open type of sore...but it works great once the sting goes away..
hope this helps
debby
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 517 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?