Ulcers

allicole1235
on 1/18/12 12:30 am - Chesapeake, VA
I had an Endoscopy done on Monday and I have 2 ulcers in my pouch. I had surgery 11/28 so it hasn't even been 2 months yet. I haven't smoked or taken any meds that are not prescribed to me so I have no idea how this happened. I don't think it is possible to have had them before gastric bypass. I'm just worried! I was wondering why it hurt after i ate anything. I am taking a medicine that starts with an O 2 times a day and in 2 months go to 1 time a day. Just kinda depressed about the whole thing.

Kelly L.
on 1/18/12 12:53 am - San Jacinto, CA
I'm sorry to hear your experiencing this. I had my surgery on 10/28. By Christmas I had FOUR ulcers. I know they are miserable! But, the good news is... If you keep taking the meds (NASTY!!) They will go away. I feel SO much better now :) Have you talked to your nutritionist? For me, with her encouragement, Cream of Wheat was a godsend! You can even mix your protein powder of choice into it.
The nutritionist  also did some research and found that a small number of us RNY folks actually have more acid producing receptors in our stomach's than others. My surgeon upped my nexium to twice a day to counteract that possibility. 
I hope you are back on your feet and feeling fine soon!

HW 274. CW 129

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 414 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 109 views